3 people are interested
Refugee rights/Immigration/Migration Bloggers wanted
ORGANIZATION: MIRR Alliance
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Migrant Matters - a blog by MIRR Alliance
MIRR Alliance is a coalition of individuals and organizations working to protect and advance the rights to migrants, immigrants, and refugees. Through coalition building, narrative change, and opportunities for learning and dialogue on complex policy questions, we amplify our collective advocacy on behalf of those who are uprooted, on the move, and in need of social and political protection.
We are seeking applicants for our blogging fellowship, designed for novice, current, and aspiring writers. The fellowship aims to build participants’ writing skills and advance their ability to express and promote critical think-pieces about migration and lighter, reader-friendly commentary pieces about immigrants, their journeys, and their contributions. This is a fantastic opportunity to explore topics on migration and get your work out.
Writers are expected to
- Produce a minimum of two blog pieces per month of 300 - 700 words.
- Develop and propose topics to fellowship managers
- Develop headlines that attract and retain readers
- Self-edit and effectively revise copy
MIRR Alliance uses Medium.com. Experience with Medium.com is desirable but not required. Training will be provided.
- Confident writing and research skills
- Minimum three month commitment
- Interest in (im)migration and refugee issues in the United States and globally
- Ability to extract, distill, analyze and/or summarize pertinent news stories
- Comfort level with various forms of writing including foreign policy/migration news, interviews; as well lighter pop culture pieces like "Ten films to watch about immigration/books to read", etc.
- Ability to attend once-per-month staff meetings
- Experience with social media a plus but not required
While this is a volunteer opportunity, benefits include:
- Opportunity to sharpen your writing skills
- Gain valuable experience and exposure
- Instant MIRR Alliance membership plus access to events and webinars
- Recommendations for future professional and educational opportunities
- Access to a community of peers and aspiring writers
Who can apply
We welcome applications from all who are interested in the subject matter, with a particular interest in those with the lived experience of immigration.
How to apply
Send send a resume and brief writing sample to: email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MIRR Alliance
E 95th Street, New York, NY 10028, US
MIRR Alliance (Migrant, Immigrant & Refugee Rights Alliance) is a coalition of organizations around the world working to protect and advance the rights and dignity of migrants, immigrants, and refugees.
Through grassroots action, small grants, narrative shift, and coalition building, we amplify our collective advocacy on behalf of those who are uprooted, on the move, and in need of social and political protection.
As an alliance, we amplify our collective advocacy on behalf of those who are uprooted, on the move, and in need of social and political protection.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 12, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Technical Writing
- Immigration Law
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 21
- 2-6 hours a month
- 3 mo commitment