7 people are interested
Grassroots Marketing Volunteer- NJ
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Grassroots Marketing Volunteer
Reports to: Marketing & Development Manager
Description: A Grassroots Marketing Volunteer is key to spreading the word about Louie’s Legacy Animal Rescue, adoption, volunteering, fostering, donating, events, following social platforms, and more throughout the community. This position is crucial to how we spread the word of these opportunities for support in the areas in which we can have the most impact by telling others about our mission, vision and increasing our exposure and brand recognition.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Louie’s Legacy and present yourself in a polite and professional manner.
- Confidently communicate the mission and vision of the rescue and express its importance.
- Promote volunteering, adopting and fostering with Louie’s Legacy. All applications can be found on our website - https://www.louieslegacy.org
- Promote any/all current opportunities for donations (including medical cases, Legacy Circle, one-time donations, etc.).
- Effectively distribute marketing collateral such as business cards, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Communicate effectively with the public and answer any questions that arise to the best of your ability.
- Be an expert on the current marketing calendar and promote upcoming events to the public.
- Keep a log of the locations visited as well as any necessary contact information to allow for future follow-up.
- Keep in constant communication with the Marketing & Development manager when marketing supplies and collateral are getting low.
- Attend any free local events that you deem necessary to pass out collateral, and communicate with the Marketing & Development Manager if there are new events Louie’s Legacy should consider attending.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- Willing to learn about animal behavior and a variety of situations an adopter may encounter?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high pressure situations?
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
- Extremely organized?
- Willing to gain a deep understanding of the adoption process?
- We prefer that you foster and/or adopt with our rescue.
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- be over 18 years old.
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
Multiple locations Red Bank, NJ 07701
July 13, 2023
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 hours a week. We request a minimum of three months in this role.