Dartford Dementia Memory Café Group Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
Aim of volunteering role:
To be part of the volunteer team that enables and empowers people affected by dementia to socialise and live well. You will help to ensure people living with dementia are not isolated and able to reach their potential.
- Assist with setting up and tidying down of room.
- Support with preparation, serving and tidying up of refreshments.
- Support with ensuring the health and safety of all staff, volunteers and people we support.
- Interacting with people that attend our groups.
- Enabling people that attend to take part in group related activities.
- Support with monitoring attendees to ensure full engagement.
3 rd Wednesday of the month 1:30- 3:30
Place of work:
Temple Hill Community Centre, Community Centre Temple Hill Square, Dartford DA1 5HY
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support Services
- An interest in the diverse needs of people affected by dementia.
- A good communicator, a sense of humour, flexibility and a team player.
- A commitment to confidentiality.
- An understanding of professional boundaries, safeguarding and health and safety.
- Induction programme
- Additional optional 'in house’ training
- Ongoing support
- Expenses paid
- Full insurance cover
- Volunteer recognition events.
Two reference required. Volunteers will also be required to undergo a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- afternoon / 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Services
Safeharbour Memory Wellbeing Centre, Coldharbour R, Northfleet, Kent DA11 8AE, GB
Our mission is to give people affected by dementia the knowledge, support and care they need to take back control of their lives, take part in family and community life, and manage their symptoms.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support Services are Kent’s biggest independent charity dedicated to providing support to people affected by dementia. Working within the Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley area since 1991 we have a local reputation for providing excellence in dementia support and care which is testament to the hard work and dedication of our Board of Trustees, management, staff and volunteers. The charity was previously registered under charity number 1024385, prior to incorporation in 2017.
We are the local specialist dementia service and we empower people affected by dementia to carry on their chosen lifestyle. We equip people with the knowledge and practical support to live with dementia.
People affected by dementia are at the heart of everything we do and are encouraged to be involved with our services, at all levels, enabling us to offer unique and bespoke support.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support Services is a local charity which allows us to focus our support carefully to the needs of the local community and each and every person we support. If you would like to know more about how we can help you contact us.
Temple Hill Community CentreDartford, Kent DA1 5HYUnited Kingdom
September 10, 2022
- Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per week but flexible