Disaster Services: Sheltering Regional Program Lead
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Sheltering provides congregate care including safe sleeping accommodations for people displaced due to disaster. This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership to Disaster Cycle Services workers in performing sheltering activities during preparedness, response, and recovery within the Illinois Region.
- Serve as District Sheltering Lead or DRO Headquarters Sheltering Lead during Operations
- Oversee overall sheltering program, ensuring sheltering guidance is observed
- Ensure effective planning for sheltering operations
- Ensure adequate supplies for sheltering operations
- Ensure relevant stakeholders are pre-identified to address sheltering needs identified in regional plans and coordinate sheltering operational plans and manage expectations around sheltering capability, capacity and reporting
- Build sheltering capacity and capability through recruitment, training and mentoring
- Serve as the Red Cross subject matter expert in sheltering program guidance and tools
- Serve as the primary regional representative (or assign designee) on Division Disaster Readiness Workgroups.
This is an opportunity to utilize or advance your leadership and training and presentation skills and build your resume!
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Illinois Region, Illinois Region, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Rockford, IL 61103
September 29, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Development
- Disaster Response
- Resource Development / Management
- Minimum 8 hours per week; 24 hours per month - The time commitment can vary depending on current disaster relief operations.