Boat Pond Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: COLUMBIA RIVER MARITIME MUSEUM INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in the boathouse at Warnock Commons and Model Boat Pond to monitor and lend remote control boats and self-sailors to visitors.
- Deliver brief trainings for the boat operations and pond safety measures.
- Answer general questions about the history of the Astoria Train Depot.
- Keeps the boat fleet in working order.
- Acts as a Museum ambassador by answering questions, directing people to the Museum, and sharing information about educational programs.
Characteristics and Experiences:
- Must enjoy speaking with the public
- Ability and willingness to complete remote control boat training and rental software training
- Knowledge of the concepts of sailing or willingness to learn
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to become a member of the Columbia River Maritime Museum
- Ability to work independently
11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About COLUMBIA RIVER MARITIME MUSEUM INC
1792 MARINE DR, ASTORIA, OR 97103, US
To collect and preserve the historical and cultural material relevant to the Columbia River and to display and interpret selected material from the collections for the education and enjoyment of the public.
The Core Purpose of Columbia River Maritime Museum is to enrich lives by inspiring interest in maritime history and culture involving the Columbia River. The Core Values are:
- Foster respect for history, customers, trustees, staff, community and the cultures we interpret
- Uphold integrity - demonstrate a high level of ethics via people and presentations
- Maintain high standards of quality and excellence in all that we do
- Preserve history
- Create a lifelong learning center
1792 Marine DriveAstoria, OR 97103
September 8, 2022
- General Education
- People Skills
- Water Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Physical Requirements: - Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and lift heavy or bulky items with or without accommodations - Ability and willingness to work outside in different climates and in a kiosk