2 people are interested
Client Services & Child Care Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Canopy Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Volunteers in this position provide a warm, welcoming presence to make clients feel comfortable when they enter our office. When not providing child care, they are at the front desk, greeting clients and visitors as they arrive, connecting clients with the therapist they are scheduled to see, and answering and directing phone calls. Volunteers are available to assist with child care for a client or client’s accompanying family members, allowing parents/caregivers to meet with Oasis staff one-on-one. Volunteers create a safe, fun environment for children (infants through 12-years-old) and offer the positive role modeling and extra attention that allows children to thrive.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Complete a volunteer application, clear a background check, and attend a volunteer interview
- Go through training for the position, including HIPAA awareness training
- Ability to adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Access to reliable transportation
- Warm, friendly demeanor and positive attitude
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Some understanding of education and child development
- Experience working with children and in high stress situations, including screaming and crying children
- Bilingual volunteers are strongly encouraged to apply
Client Services/Reception Duties
- Greet and direct office visitors
- Attend to concerns and requests of clients as needed
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain the waiting area
- Other office projects as needed
Child Care Duties
- Watch and interact with all children who come for child care during Oasis appointments
- Attend to needs of all children (infant through 12-years-old, some may have special/high needs)
- Attend to concerns and requests of parents as needed
- Keep child care area clean and organized, and sanitize toys, furniture, etc. after use
Please visit the volunteer page of our website (https://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/volunteer/) and click on the "Apply to Volunteer (Non-CASA)" button.
Or, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Canopy Center
2445 Darwin Road, Suite 15, Madison, WI 53704, US
Canopy Center's mission is to help strengthen families and support children, teens, and adults impacted by trauma and adversity. We are committed to providing culturally competent and diverse professional, volunteer, and peer services.
Canopy Center was established in 1977 in response to parents who were reaching out for help. Today, Canopy Center is a non-profit organization providing three distinct programs:
Parent-to-Child Family Interaction Program (P2C) - an extension of Dane County Human Services, which provides supervised visitation on nights and weekends to families in the foster care system.
Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Dane and Columbia Counties - a program that trains and supervises community volunteers to work with children in the child welfare system. CASA provides support, resources, and advocacy for these children.
Oasis Sexual Abuse Treatment - individual and group therapy for children and adults who have been victims of sexual abuse as well as their non-offending caregivers.
Our philosophy and beliefs:
- Every person has worth, dignity and potential for growth.
- Every person is unique and deserves to have a voice in identifying and addressing their needs.
- Every person needs positive social connections to fully develop their sense of self and community.
2445 Darwin RoadSuite 15Madison, WI 53704
October 2, 2023
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 month commitment. A minimum of 1 weekly (3-hour) recurring shift.