1 person is interested
Client Services Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Canopy Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Client Services Assistants provide a warm, welcoming presence to make clients feel comfortable when they enter our office. Their main task is greeting and directing visitors and clients as they come in - making sure they are situated, that the appropriate staff is notified, and providing refreshments. Assistants are also responsible for answering and directing phone calls, maintaining a clean and sanitary waiting area, and assisting with administrative and fundraising projects as needed.
● Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or G.E.D.
● Complete a volunteer application, clear a background check, and attend a volunteer interview.
● Go through a brief training for the position.
● Ability to work with a diverse population.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity.
● Access to reliable transportation.
● Warm, friendly demeanor and positive attitude.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
● Bilingual volunteers are strongly encouraged to apply.
● Greeting and directing office visitors.
● Attend to concerns and requests of clients as needed.
● Answering phone calls.
● Maintaining the waiting area.
● Other office projects as needed.
Please visit the volunteer page of our website (https://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/volunteer/) and click on the "Apply to Volunteer (Non-CASA)" button.
Or, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Canopy Center
2445 Darwin Road, Suite 15, Madison, WI 53704, US
Canopy Center's mission is to help strengthen families and support children, teens, and adults impacted by trauma and adversity. We are committed to providing culturally competent and diverse professional, volunteer, and peer services.
Canopy Center was established in 1977 in response to parents who were reaching out for help. Today, Canopy Center is a non-profit organization providing three distinct programs:
Parent-to-Child Family Interaction Program (P2C) - an extension of Dane County Human Services, which provides supervised visitation on nights and weekends to families in the foster care system.
Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Dane and Columbia Counties - a program that trains and supervises community volunteers to work with children in the child welfare system. CASA provides support, resources, and advocacy for these children.
Oasis Sexual Abuse Treatment - individual and group therapy for children and adults who have been victims of sexual abuse as well as their non-offending caregivers.
Our philosophy and beliefs:
- Every person has worth, dignity and potential for growth.
- Every person is unique and deserves to have a voice in identifying and addressing their needs.
- Every person needs positive social connections to fully develop their sense of self and community.
2445 Darwin RoadSuite 15Madison, WI 53704
September 8, 2022
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 month commitment. A minimum of 1 weekly (3-hour) recurring shift.