Disaster Services: Shelter Training Lead
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position is available to help develop the knowledge and skills of the Illinois Regional Red Crossers interested in Sheltering, to prepare them to respond to local, regional, and national disaster relief operations
This role will offer shelter-specific training. We will discuss how to manage a shelter, changes in shelter procedures/policy, and anything related to deployment both regionally and nationally. Our ultimate goal is to have a trained and prepared workforce prepared to respond when disaster strikes.
- Offer support and training needed to better understand sheltering and/or development with shelter-specific topics.
- Offer support in improving or enhancing the training program
- Provide training sessions to develop and advance volunteers and supervisory skills
- Share lessons learned and best practices from experienced Red Crossers via ad hoc training sessions
- Support the regional training plan and promote trainings regionally
- Communicate with program leads to determine training needs and offer support towards enhancing the training program as needed
- Support the development of a team to assist with various pieces of training
This is an opportunity to utilize or advance your leadership and training and presentation skills and build your resume!
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Illinois Region, Illinois Region, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Peoria, IL 61605
September 29, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Development
- Disaster Response
- Resource Development / Management
- Thursdays from 1pm-5pm are typically when trainings will be held so Thursdays would need to be available. Other weekday, day time or early afternoon would be great as well.