3 people are interested
New opportunity: Food Shelf Check-in volunteers needed!
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
PRISM is excited to offer a new volunteer opportunity! The Food Shelf Check-in volunteer is the first point of contact for those visiting the food shelf. This volunteer schedules walk-in appointments for our visitors, helps identify participants' specific needs, and works in tandem with our staff to facilitate traffic flow in our facility. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Greet participants, volunteers, and visitors in a warm, friendly and welcoming manner
- Directly serve participants with check-in at the Marketplace Food Shelf
- Work in tandem with Case Manager to discern participant needs, incl. intake for first-time visitors, clothing vouchers, resources or other services.
- Stay informed of changes to PRISM’s processes, services, and inventory in the Marketplace Food Shelf
- Manage/create appointment calendar using Google Calendar
- Maintain ongoing communications with staff via Microsoft Teams to address specific participant questions/concerns.
- Other duties as assigned
We would greatly benefit from volunteers who possess the following skillset:
- Effective interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive, direct, and positive approach with participants, staff and other volunteers
- Ability to work with diverse populations with the demonstrated ability to communicate and relate effectively to a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to learn and acquire overall knowledge of PRISM, its services and staff, and other social service agencies
- Volunteers with experience in retail and/or direct customer service do particularly well here
Bilingual abilities are a huge plus in this role but not a requirement. We would greatly benefit from Russian, Spanish speaking volunteers in this role.
If interested, please reach out to Nolan Isaacson, Volunteer Manager, at 763-432-4230 or email@example.com. We are grateful for your time and consideration! An orientation and training will be provided to all routine, ongoing volunteers.
- 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
10:30 AM to 01:00 PM
- 12:30 PM to 04:00 PM
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
04:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
1220 Zane Ave No, Golden Valley, MN 55422, US
To provide social services and connections that empower people in our community to build healthy, stable lives.
At PRISM, those in need will always find an ally. We promise to treat every person with the inherent dignity they deserve. We trust in the power of our community as together we meet our neighbor's right to healthy food, proper clothing, and housing stability. We are humbled by the trust extended to us by our many partners, and pledge to be an exceptional partner in and for our communities. We promise to empower those with whom we work in the cause of building healthy, stable lives.
1220 Zane Ave NGolden Valley, MN 55422
September 7, 2022
- Youth Services
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We ask volunteers starting in this position to establish a weekly commitment with us. We offer a very flexible schedule, though benefit from having routine, ongoing support.