Experienced Bookkeeper for Non-Profit Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Operation Paws for Homes
Operations Paws for Homes is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and placement of dogs and cats into caring, forever homes. We are a virtual organization serving adoptive families in MD, DC, VA and southern PA.
We are seeking a volunteer to perform bookkeeping duties using Quickbooks Online. Responsibilities include:
· Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as-needed basis
· Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
· Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function, including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
· Perform data entry and administrative duties
· Conduct account receivable functions including making deposits and revenue recognition.
· Prepare financial reports through the collection, analysis, and summarization of data
· Support month-end and year-end close process
· Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g., by assets, liabilities, and expenses) under the direction of the Treasurer
· Assist in preparation of documents for annual tax returns and audits
Candidate should possess appropriate bookkeeping education/certifications and have 3+ years experience in bookkeeping. Non-profit bookkeeping experience a plus.
This position is part-time and work hours can be flexible as long as appropriate communications with other organization members can be maintained.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 35606N. Chesterfield, VA 23235
September 7, 2022