3 people are interested
Part-Time Bookkeeper for Animal Rescue
ORGANIZATION: Operation Paws for Homes
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Operations Paws for Homes is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and placement of dogs and cats into caring, forever homes. We are a virtual organization serving adoptive families in MD, DC, VA and southern PA.
We are seeking a volunteer to perform bookkeeping duties using Quickbooks Online. Responsibilities include:
· Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as-needed basis
· Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
· Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function, including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
· Perform data entry and administrative duties
· Conduct account receivable functions including making deposits and revenue recognition.
· Prepare financial reports through the collection, analysis, and summarization of data
· Support month-end and year-end close process
· Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g., by assets, liabilities, and expenses) under the direction of the Treasurer
· Assist in preparation of documents for annual tax returns and audits
Candidate should possess appropriate bookkeeping education/certifications and have 3+ years experience in bookkeeping. Non-profit bookkeeping experience a plus.
This position is part-time and work hours can be flexible as long as appropriate communications with other organization members can be maintained.
About Operation Paws for Homes
PO Box 35606, N. Chesterfield, VA 23235, US
Operation Paws for Homes, Inc. rescues dogs of all breeds and ages from high-kill shelters reducing the numbers being euthanized daily. Our goal is to fulfill the dreams of dogs who find themselves abandoned in shelters.
OPH Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization devoted to the rescue, rehabilitation and placement of dogs who have overcome great odds and deserve wonderful, caring forever homes. These dogs are rescued from overcrowded high kill shelters in the southern region of the United States. We also rescue a few international dogs partnering with shelters and rescues in India and Turks & Caicos who rescue dogs from dangerous and deplorable conditions.
OPH does not operate a shelter or have a physical location. We rely on foster families who open their homes to give love and attention to each dog while it waits for a forever home. In addition, we partner with wonderful boarding facilities who care for our rescue dogs. Through the foster program and our partners, we learn about each dog and its needs. These dogs have been through a lot and it may take days or weeks to allow their personality to completely unfold . We strive to provide as many details as possible to potential and future adopters which increases the likelihood of a good match for each dog and family.
Together We Rescue.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 6, 2022
- Several hours per week
- Bookkeeping education/certifications and have 3+ years experience in bookkeeping. Non-profit bookkeeping experience a plus.