Motivate, coach and inspire others, while helping in the fight to end Alzheimer's
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
DO GOOD/HAVE FUN by bringing your energy and passion to our planning committee for The Longest Day (TLD), our annual "do-it-yourself" fundraising program for Alzheimer's Association. Shine a light with us to fight Alzheimer's and all other dementia! We follow CDC guidelines.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
The volunteer roles include options of:
- Networking and making connections among activity groups or businesses
- Coaching participants to easy, successful activities (we provide training and support)
- Brainstorming creatively with other volunteers and participants
- Assisting with marketing / media opportunities
- Make calls, send emails, or send cards to participants
- Help plan supporting events: kickoff and celebrations
- Host an activity and raise funds and awareness
Your Alzheimer's Association staff partner and volunteer leaders support you throughout the season, and are flexible and happy to tailor your volunteer experience around your interests, skills, and availability.
Ideal volunteers would have at least a few of these traits:
- Enjoy connecting with people
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Comfortable talking on the phone
- Skilled at data mining/researching activity groups
- willing to participate in or co-host events
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Passionate about ending Alzheimer's
Monthly commitment: Approximately 3-5 hours per month. This will vary, depending on the month, and we are flexible with what works for you. While TLD is on June 21st, the committee functions year round. The current season runs through the end of August 2023.
Contact Rachel Sarasohn, Event Manager, for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org ir 503-416-0197
About Alzheimer's Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
1650 NW Naito Pkwy, #190, Portland, OR 97209, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer’s Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter is part of the Alzheimer’s Association, the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. From its offices in Portland, Eugene, Bend and Medford, the Oregon Chapter provides education and support for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, as well as their families and caregivers. In addition, it offers local support groups, early-stage engagement programs, community education classes and a 24/7 Helpline (800-272-3900).
Multiple locations Newport, OR 97365
September 6, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 3-5 hours per month. This will vary, depending on the month, and we are flexible with what works for you. While TLD is on June 21st, the committee functions year round. The current season runs through the end of August 2023.