1 person is interested
Sirovich Center Food Pantry Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Sirovich Senior Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
EA's Sirovich Center has continued to support NYC’s Older Adult community through the pandemic. One such support is through Sirovich Center's Pantry that occurs in-person once a month. This pantry gives food items to food insecure Older Adult members in the community.
We are looking for volunteers to help support the food pantry by packaging, organizing, moving, and distributing food packages to Older Adult community members.
This is an in-person volunteering opportunity, and we continue to take precautions to ensure that all are safe throughout this pandemic.
APPLY TO BE A FOOD PANTRY VOLUNTEER IF YOU...
- Want to give back and support the older adults of NYC
- Are vaccinated against COVID-19
- Over the age of 16 (or accompanied by an adult)
- Are able to comfortably stand for long periods of time and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT?
- Shifts are the first Wednesday of the month
- 11am - 2pm (biggest need during this shift)
- 1pm - 4pm
- 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- afternoon / 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Sirovich Senior Center
331 E 12 Street, New York, NY 10003, US
Sirovich Center for Balanced Living is a hub of recreational, social, cultural, educational, and health programming for people aged 60+. We provide breakfast and lunch to older adults Monday-Friday; as well as leveled exercise classes, health screenings, and a variety of arts and culture classes. In a senior center such as ours, there is always plenty to do, and sharing your time with us is one of the greatest gifts you can give. Please see the volunteer opportunities currently available below.
We are currently looking for volunteer to help out our meal service programs. You will be:
- Working with a multi-generational team of teens, college students, young adults, and senior adults
- Meet new friends and make a lasting impact on the people you meet
- Gain leadership and relationship-building skills
Have to be comfortable on your feet
- Duties can include: Prepare meals, meal service, helping with clean up, delivering smiles to our participants.
- Can be a one day commitment or an ongoing commitment
- Requirements: must be steady on your feet, willing to wear plastic gloves, apron, and a glamorous hairnet and follow our center's COVID-19 guidelines.
331 E 12 StreetNew York, NY 10003
September 6, 2022
- Must be at least 16