DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Women In Bio is seeking a National Sponsorship Vice Chair
ORGANIZATION: WOMEN IN BIO INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
WIB is committed to encouraging and promoting women from all backgrounds and career levels across the life
sciences continuum via networking events, professional development programs, seminars, workshops, and educational programs. WIB creates connections, encourages entrepreneurship, and provides women with the tools to reach the highest positions of influence and responsibility within the life sciences industry.
WIB is a multifaceted organization of professionals committed to promoting the careers, leadership, and
entrepreneurship of women in the life sciences.
Responsibilities (working in consultation with National Sponsorship Chair):
* Work with the WIB Executive Director and Accounting Manager to create a strategy that supports long-term financial stability and sustainability for WIB
* Develop and execute a multifaceted research strategy to collect, analyze and report information on competing organization’s sponsor roster and determine the strategy to engage new sponsor organizations
* Identify potential sponsorship opportunities for WIB both Nationally and at the Chapter level; handoff leads to WIB Executive Director or Chapter Sponsorship Chairs, as appropriate
* Co-lead monthly Sponsorship Committee Leader calls and distribute minutes within one week of the call;
ensure robust attendance from chapter-level Sponsorship volunteer leaders.
* Establish routine touchpoints with individual Chapter Sponsorship volunteer leaders; minimally two (2)
* Coordinate with WIB Accounting Manager on annual Chapter budgeting and sponsorship strategy projects
* Provide training and guidance to Chapters who struggle to meet annual sponsorship target (i.e., $10,000 USD annually or another amount as set by WIB National)
* Provide oversight on current policies and develops recommendations on Sponsorship policies, as needed, to National WIB
* Attend monthly National Committee Leader call and establish a working relationship with other National
Committee Chairs/Vice Chairs and WIB staff
* Support the development and implementation of the WIB National Strategic Plan, execute upon the priorities
of the Strategic Plan, liaise with WIB Board of Directors to progress goals and provide status updates
* Maintain familiarity with National WIB policies and guidelines
* Serve as a link between National and Chapters
* Ensure succession planning for the committee
* WIB member for at least one year, in good standing with the organization
* Proven track record of successfully fundraising for a non-profit (preferred); business development expertise a plus
* Exceptional at building relationships between Chapters to create an open dialogue on best practices for
* Comfortable leading large cross-sectional teams and effectively guide sponsorship initiatives across all
* Strong communication skills, creativity, and the ability to influence others
* Experience in developing and growing leaders is a plus
About WOMEN IN BIO INC
PO Box 97900, PITTSBURGH, PA 15227, US
Women In Bio is an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship for all women in the life sciences.
WIB membership and events are inclusive of all who support our mission. We are an organization of professional women from all career walks in the field of life sciences. We are all volunteers and we all share the goal of enabling and empowering women to reach the highest levels of leadership, and -- more importantly -- to fulfill their own career aspirations.
Our members reflect the increasing spread of the life sciences. We belong to biotech and pharma companies, universities and institutes, law and accounting firms, marketing and PR firms, CROs and CMOs.
Many of our members are entrepreneurs, and a focus on entrepreneurship has remained core to WIB's mission.
WIB’s primary focus is to provide women-to-women mentorship and leadership support through all stages of career development
- from bench to boardroom
- from academia to industry
- from first job to last
- from idea to entrepreneur
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 6, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management