- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Volunteering in Health (Applied and Preventative) within communities of the Andes of Peru that are l
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Recruiting Organization: Minka Project
We need people with experience in the areas of health, nursing, medicine, pharmaceutical, nutrition or alternative medicine, to help us promote our preventive health project, within communities or areas that suffer difficult economic situations in the Peruvian central Andes, is a of those areas, affected by large-scale migration and abandonment caused by health conditions and deficiencies, malnutrition and poor health infrastructure. Come and participate in this non-commercial volunteer project, developed with the communities, which focuses on self-management and teamwork in a flat collaborative structure.
At the moment, we are preparing a lot and organizing new actions and activities related to preventive health and try to mitigate the effects of the pandemic, give due support to our population, due to the strong impact that Covid-19 has had in the Andes. Peru, especially vulnerable groups and people, in areas and populations in extreme poverty.
During the weekends, we organize group excursions to many places of interest, such as camps, walks, mountains, villages, Amazon rainforests and waterfalls. We are a group of people who share what is best for a real and rewarding experience of social volunteering and cultural exchange. We do not represent accommodation organizations nor do we have links with tourism agencies.
** The organization offers as compensation:
- Accommodation in a spacious and comfortable room.
- Basic Work Materials
- Continuous advice from a team with true motivation and experience in the social field.
- courses and exchange in: preparation of meals, pastries and exotic cocktails based on native and healthy ingredients.
- The excursions are grouped to interesting places on weekends.
- information of interesting places and trips in Peru
- Learn and improve your level of Spanish in a practical and direct way
- possibility of being an integral part of our organization (even legally speaking)
- information on Andean-Inca history, culture and folklore, theoretical and completely experiential.
- (optional) positive practices and rituals of holistic health in the Andes and Amazon yoga and reiki-
For more information, visit our website:
or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND US on FACEBOOK, where we have abundant updated information about our projects.
We accept unpaid internships (social sciences, psychology, law, medicine, education among others). Since we work on the basis of self-sufficiency, we cannot provide air fares. However, we offer accommodation and meals at very reasonable prices.
Requirements for volunteers:
- You must be over 21 years old.
- It is important to be patient and try to work with very young girls (5-9 years old) as well as with general issues related to women
- One-time cost: 90 Euros for each month of participation, exemption from this contribution from the second month
- It would be ideal to possess skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energy health, and related spiritual philosophies.
- It is not necessary to have specialization or previous experience, here we train you to the millimeter, we always work in a very human team
- Must be tolerant, adaptable and have an open and positive mentality.
Our organization is directed by people with enough motivation, training and experience in humanitarian and social areas (anthropology, sociology, economics and alternative medicine of the Andean culture) our work has more than 9 years of intense social work, this gives us the necessary experience and offers a genuine job, where you can develop your skills, professional experience and achieve a rewarding way of personal growth, your skills are integrated as part of a team, we are not improvised in this matter, ours is a direct social work in areas where there is a great need for help for people in extreme poverty (focused mainly on the Andes of Peru) and where the true culture of Peru still struggles to survive, the Andean Culture, cradle of the Inca civilization.
We also combine this with an intense and fun experience of cultural exchange, excursions to many interesting places in the Andean mountain / jungle and practical courses: from native languages or culture to food, dances, native and exotic herbal drinks
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
El Tambo, Huancayo, PE000001Peru
September 6, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME