Urgent need in Waterloo Iowa area! Be a hero and deliver life-saving blood to area hospitals!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross of Nebraska and Iowa
- Transport blood from collection site to Red Cross laboratory
- Transport finished blood or blood products to hospital customers as routine or "stat" deliveries.
- Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary.
- Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
- Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issues.
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross.
Preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month for a minimum of 6 months. Shifts are generally 4 hours each and are variable per site in the daytime, evening and weekends. Minimum Commitment of 6 months with opportunity to renew.
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission
- Valid state driver's license and 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving record (MVR)
- Current insurance and state registration required if using own vehicle
- Ability to lift 45 lbs. Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position, required
· Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
· For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2530 University AvenueWaterloo, IA 50701
September 3, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH