Homework Club Supervisor
ORGANIZATION: San Jose Public Library - Seven Trees Branch Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
Position Overview: Help local school children and foster their ability to succeed in school. Oversee study room activities to ensure a safe, welcoming environment for fun and learning.
- Monitor homework club activities and help keep environment conducive to learning.
- Supervise homework coaches
- Collaborate with staff to create enrichment activities for those who complete their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Satisfaction of making an important difference in students’ learning and success in school
- Network and interact with interesting, diverse staff and other volunteers
- Help Homework Coaches and students using leadership skills
- Gain the appreciation of students, school teachers, the Seven Trees community and library staff for your contributions
An orientation to Homework Club will be provided, covering library resources available to students. Enrichment training will occur as needed. Assistance from library staff during Club hours
- Prior experience tutoring is a plus, but not required
- Must have the requisite basic skills to support students in grades K-8. This can be strength in one subject area or general knowledge.
- Experience or interest working with students/youth
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Second language ability a plus
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared prior to volunteering
- Ages 18 years and older
- Scholastic Supervisors need to commit to volunteering Thursday afternoons, from 4:00pm to 6:00 p.m. during the school year. Position requires fingerprinting for volunteers age 18 and older.
- 03:45 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About San Jose Public Library - Seven Trees Branch Library
3590 Cas Drive, San Jose, CA 95111, US
San Jose Public Library enriches lives by fostering lifelong learning and by ensuring that every member of the community has access to a vast array of ideas and information. San Jose Public Library is a winner of the 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for museums and libraries. Recipients are selected because of their innovative approaches to public service and the contribution they make to the educational, civic, cultural and economic development goals of their communities.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
3590 Cas DriveSan Jose, CA 95111
September 2, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months