15 people are interested
allcove Campus Greeter
ORGANIZATION: Beach Cities Health District
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Campus Greeter volunteers greet all guests who enter our building on 514 Prospect in Redondo Beach while also providing general support and customer service duties for the full BCHD campus (includes buildings 510, 514 and 520).
Seeking volunteers available for the following weekly shifts:
Monday - Friday: 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm, 3pm-5pm, 5pm-7pm
Saturday: 9:30am-12pm, 12pm-2pm
*High school applicants need a minimum once weekly commitment for a semester or the summer.
- Greet all guests and tenants entering the building
- Provide information and referral to public
- Walk visitors to/from medical appointments and allcove teen wellness center upon request. Wheelchairs may be used
- Maintain a clean and orderly area
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Willing to self-initiate engaging with others
- Physical ability to push wheelchairs and walk throughout campus
- Interest in providing or learning how to provide customer service to the public
- Must be comfortable working with ill and aging populations
About Beach Cities Health District
514 N. Prospect, Redondo Beach, CA 90277, US
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is a healthcare district focused on preventive health and serves the communities of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. Established in 1955 as a public agency, it offers an extensive range of dynamic health and wellness programs, with innovative services and facilities to promote health and prevent diseases across the lifespan.
Focusing on wellness, not sickness, encourages people to make wiser healthcare decisions. Preventative causes of illness and death, like tobacco smoking, poor diet and physical inactivity, are estimated to be responsible for nearly a million deaths annually-almost 40 percent of total yearly mortality in the United States. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), about 90 percent of today’s healthcare costs are for treating people with chronic yet preventable diseases. BCHD’s wellness and healthy living programs and services are aimed at making prevention an integral part of the classrooms, workplace and homes of the beach cities.
To enhance community health through partnerships, programs and services for people who live and work in Hermosa, Manhattan and Redondo Beach.
514 N. Prospect Avenue1st FloorRedondo Beach, CA 90277
September 13, 2023
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Shifts are weekly for 2 or 3 hours. Request minimum one year commitment.
- Must show proof of negative TB test (BCHD provides if needed).