Cooking Project Leader - FoodCycle Kings Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
As a volunteer Cooking Project Leader you’ll induct volunteers into the kitchen, facilitate the team, create recipe ideas, and lead on the preparation and cooking of the meal. You’ll be protecting the environment through the use of surplus ingredients donated by local businesses, and you’ll help to build a resilient and empowered community through the sharing of delicious food and conversation.
- Running cooking sessions, leading a team of volunteers to create a three-course meal in a limited timeframe.
- Encouraging the whole team to have input into planning a tasty, healthy, and nutritionally balanced menu using surplus food ingredients.
- Inducting new volunteers into the kitchen.
- Working with your Project Leader team to ensure that all elements of the Project run smoothly, including maintaining a tidy and well stocked store cupboard.
- Ensuring that all volunteers follow the food safety procedures set out in our kitchen handbook.
- Completing the weekly checklist in the kitchen handbook, and the weekly session report via our website.
You don’t need to have any previous cooking experience - you just need to love food and motivating people!
If you’re interested in this role, please follow the link below to apply:
10:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
2.16 The Food Exchange, New Covent Garden Market, London, London SW8 5EL, GB
Week in, week out we nourish the hungry and lonely in our communities with delicious meals and great conversation, using food which would otherwise go to waste. Our aims: - Connect communities - Support mental health, wellbeing and reduce loneliness - Nourish the hungry - Promote sustainability - Inspire change
We are FoodCycle, and our vision is to make food poverty, loneliness and food waste a thing of the past for every community.
We connect communities, reducing loneliness and food poverty - working with thousands of volunteers and surplus food to help everyone who needs us. By creating welcoming spaces for people from all walks of life to meet, eat and have conversations, and by offering a weekly telephone Check-in and Chat, we are supporting people’s health and mental wellbeing.
By cooking with surplus ingredients, we promote healthy, sustainable attitudes towards food and its impact on the environment, and help people to learn more about healthy food.
We aim to inspire greater change by sharing the impact of our community dining spaces and the voices of our guests to encourage more people to join and support FoodCycle, so we can help more people and more communities.
Gray's Inn RoadKings Cross, United Kingdom
September 2, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The suggested minimum time commitment for this role is 8 hours a month.
- • Complete all required training • Lead at least 1 session per month • Follow all FoodCycle policies and procedures • You must not be barred from working with children and adults who may be vulnerable and at risk of abuse or neglect