Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Musizi University
Musizi University (MU) will be a newly established private liberal arts and sciences university in Kampala, Uganda that empowers young people with the skills, knowledge, and empathy required to transform their communities and create a sustainable future for Africa and the world. Read more about us here. We are looking for a founding Registrar to join our team!
The Registrar is responsible for planning, overseeing, and managing all student academic records and for administering all services and operations in the Registrar’s Office. This opportunity would begin in March 2023. The duty station is at Musizi’s campus in Ntinda, Kampala, and the registrar reports to the vice chancellor. We will provide roundtrip travel, accommodation, meals, and local transportation.
- Develops academic policies of the University.
- Oversees the management, integrity, and security of all student academic records
- Promotes and implements departmental policies and procedures for the equitable and consistent academic administration
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of student records.
- Develops and implements registration policies and procedures
- Develops the Registrar Office operational budget requests and manages approved budget.
- Serves as the official resource and compliance officer of NCHE regulations.
- Oversees registration related functions of student information system including establishing, with departments, appropriate enrollment caps, course wait listing policies and procedures, and manages "no show" and "early warning" reporting from faculty.
- Oversees compilation of degree candidate’s lists and honors lists.
- Oversees class schedule production including classroom assignments
- Reviews appeals regarding grades and other academic issues
- Leads orientation of new faculty and staff development
- Oversees catalog revisions.
- Oversees course number assignments for class schedule and catalog publication.
- Proposes two-year academic calendars for review and approval of administration and faculty assembly.
- Provides leadership in the continuous improvement and enhancements for student and faculty portals with emphasis on the implementation of online registration, providing web services for continuing education constituencies.
- Participates as ex-officio member of the University Council
- Provides the university community and outside agencies with appropriate summaries and interpretation of current and historical data related to faculty, staff, students, enrollment, student achievement, etc.
- Work with other departments within the University to provide different data sets for program/accreditation reviews
- Serve as the secretary to the Academic Senate
- Oversees admissions process
- Leads transcript production
- Approves syllabi and examinations
- Oversees election of Heads of Department
- Oversees development of research agenda and research hub
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience working in a Registrar’s office or similar positions dealing with student records and institutional research.
- Knowledge of student information system software.
- Experience with database applications.
- Skill in organizing and interpreting data for the college and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of national laws regarding confidential access and information of student records.
- Ability to interpret and implement academic records policies and procedures.
- Skill in developing and maintaining an effective office team and ensure excellent customer relations with students, faculty, university staff, and external constituencies.
- Skill in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions.
- Skill in adapting to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Skill in maintaining a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Skill in verbal and written communication appropriate to a collegiate setting.
- Skill in working effectively with a diverse population.
- Skill in managing multiple tasks and details in a fast-paced work environment.
- Shows a commitment to ethical values in the workplace.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Kampala, Central Region Uganda
September 2, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME