Alzheimer's Association Community Educators for Katy
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you love to teach? Enjoy making connections with community organizations? How about sharing our vision of an end to Alzheimer's?
Make it happen: become an Alzheimer's Community Educator!
Our AACEs deliver programs using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease, risk reduction strategies, as well as information for individuals and families impacted by the disease. Tell about our services and how people can make a difference in the trajectory of this dread disease.
This role is ongoing and we ask a year's commitment. Preference will be given to those available on weekdays.
The Association is seeking volunteer candidates with:
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
Interested? Complete the Alzheimer's Association Volunteer Interest Survey at bit.ly/alz-vol-interest today!
About Alzheimer's Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter
6055 S Loop E at Long Dr, Houston, TX 77087, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association(r) is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Multiple locations Katy, TX 77494
September 1, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Relations
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 4 hours per month
- 10 hours for onboarding and 12-month commitment