2 people are interested
Be Part of the Welcome Crew for Wildlife2Watts
ORGANIZATION: National Wildlife Federation - California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Join 3rd Rock Hip Hop and the National Wildlife Federation as we kick off Urban Wildlife Week with Wildlife 2 Watts! By encouraging place-based discovery in Watts, we help awaken a sense of awareness that nature is at our fingertips-even in the most unexpected places-and that nature is for everyone. This event includes the opportunity to interact with native wildlife ambassadors, musical performances, art activities, and more. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a long-term partnership in Watts and one that is built on the co-creation of programs based on the needs and desires of the community. Join us!
As a volunteer, you will welcome attendees, providing basic information and directing people to specific people or tables/booths as needed and say thank you and goodbye as people leave the festival. If interested, volunteers can also sign up for special roles like kid's activities, games, mascot costume and more.
All volunteers will receive a Wildlife2Watts shirt to wear for the event.
- Sat Oct 15, 2022 - 10:45 AM to 02:00 PM
- Sat Oct 15, 2022 - 01:45 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About National Wildlife Federation - California Region
Various Locations, Los Angeles, CA 90021, US
Uniting all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world We believe America’s experience with cherished landscapes and wildlife has helped define and shape our national character and identity for generations. Protecting these natural resources is a cause that has long united Americans from all walks of life and political stripes. To hunters, anglers, hikers, birders, wildlife watchers, boaters, climbers, campers, cyclists, gardeners, farmers, forest stewards, and other outdoor enthusiasts, this conservation ethic represents a sacred duty and obligation to protect and build upon our conservation heritage for the sake of wildlife, ourselves, our neighbors, and--most of all--for future generations.
We are committed to:
- Protect, Restore, and Connect Wildlife Habitat: Active restoration and reconnection of fragmented and degraded habitat across protected lands, working lands, waterways, coasts, and communities
- Transform Wildlife Conservation: Advancing 21st century wildlife management, defending public trust resources, and confronting emerging stressors like climate change, invasive species, and wildlife diseases
- Connect Americans with Wildlife: Inspiring the next generation of conservationists and mobilizing a diverse conservation army to broaden the stewardship ethic, conservation action, public and private investments, and support for policy changes necessary to save thousands of at-risk species in our time
Ted Watkins Memorial Park1335 E 103rd StLos Angeles, CA 90002
September 15, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours for orientation and paperwork to become a volunteer. Shifts are 3 hrs onsite.
- All volunteers must be 18+ and vaccinated against Covid-19. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.