2 people are interested
Transport Lifesaving Blood for American Red Cross
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Blood Transportation Specialist: Deliver lifesaving blood to patients in need. If you have a valid state driver’s license and at least three years of licensed driving experience, you are eligible to volunteer as a Blood Transportation Specialist. You can choose regular routes, stand-by emergency deliveries or both-this is a great volunteer opportunity for couples, friends, or family members.
- Daily runs include transporting blood after it is processed from the Red Cross distribution facility to area hospitals for use.
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
Time commitment: Preferred two shifts per month as it fits your schedule!
You’ll also need to meet these important qualifications:
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record. An American Red Cross vehicle is provided for the duration of your shift.
- Have 3 years driving experience and a clean driving record
- Can lift up to 45 lbs.
- Ability to follow safety protocols and directions consistently and thoroughly.
Watch the following video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-hTsLecWDk
Volunteer. *To learn about volunteer opportunities or to sign up, click the link.*
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Pittston, PA 18640
November 17, 2023
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteer for drives that work with your schedule!