2 people are interested
COLE500: Program Instructors Mentoring program Team Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
This is a pro-bono volunteer position.
JerseySTEM is looking for talented professionals across our departments to commit time and energy as long-term engagement for our mission to provide STEM education to underrepresented middle school girls.
As the Program Instructors Mentoring Program Team Lead at JerseySTEM, you will play a crucial role in fostering a supportive and enriching environment for program instructors. Your leadership will drive the success of our mentoring program, ensuring that instructors receive the guidance, support, and resources needed to excel in their roles.Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and implementation of the mentoring program, ensuring instructors receive adequate support and resources throughout their volunteer journey.
- Provide personalized mentoring and guidance to program instructors.
- Establish clear program objectives, track progress, and evaluate outcomes to continuously improve the mentoring program's effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure seamless integration of mentoring initiatives with other program activities, creating a cohesive and supportive environment.
- Identify training needs and develop relevant resources to enhance the mentorship capabilities of instructors.
- Previous experience in mentoring or teaching, preferably in a STEM-related field.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build meaningful relationships with program instructors. Demonstrated organizational and program management abilities.
- Passion for education and a commitment to advancing STEM learning opportunities.
- Proficiency in virtual collaboration tools and platforms for effective remote mentoring.
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 9, 2024
- Community Outreach
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18