Disaster Team - Dispatch
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Make a difference in your community without having to leave home!!
Ensures timely activation of disaster response team to local disasters such as home fires. Once teams are dispatched help with monitoring and scaling the response based on the event. This position is a virtual volunteer position and allows you to volunteer without ever leaving the comfort of your home.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope and type to assist in scaling disaster response
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance
- Support and train new Duty Officers
- Dispatch disaster response teams in the local area
- Monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care and Public Affairs when requested
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses
- Notify chapter/regional staff of significant events
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of local disaster responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient at Red Cross systems and working online
- Sit/stand for minimum of 2-hour period
- Work long periods on the computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on blue "Apply Here" words. Just follow the directions from there to set up your Volunteer Connection account, complete the application, upload a picture of your photo ID and complete the background check.
For question please contact Rebecca Chandler, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Columbus, OH 43205
August 31, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 24 hours per month - you choose the shift(s) that fit into your schedule - work on-call from home
- A computer and phone with reliable internet access