Disaster Action Team Dispatcher Franklin County - NEEDED
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Make a difference in your community and never leave your home!
The Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer ensures that response teams are sent where they are needed. While the team is out the Duty Officer monitors the team to be sure that they are safe and helps to allocate additional resources to the response as the team makes requests.
This position is only for those who live in the United States. All applicants who live in other countries please check for other opportunities with the International Red Cross in the country where you live.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope and type to direct DAT response
- Works remotely with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance
- Dispatches DAT Team
- Monitors the response
- Ensures appropriate resources are made available
- Activates Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care and Public Affairs when requested
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses
- Notify chapter/regional staff of significant events
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient at Red Cross systems and working online (training provided)
- Work on the computer for minimum of 1.5-2-hour period
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and click on the red "Find my volunteer opportunities" button and then on "Search by keyword or tittle". Type your zip code and "Dispatcher" in the search fields. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialists Michael Vance at email@example.com or Rebecca Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Columbus, OH 43205
September 25, 2023
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 24 hours per month - you choose a few shift(s) that fit into your schedule - work on-call from home
- Permanent address in the United States. A computer and phone with reliable internet access