Day Health Center Support Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: PACE Southeast Michigan
The Day Health Center Support Volunteer will provide positive, compassionate, and helpful support to participants and staff by assisting with activities in the PACE Southeast Michigan Day Health Centers. This volunteer will engage with participants and their recreational activities, help staff with laundry, serve breakfast and lunch, assist participants to clinic appointments, scan badges, take attendance, and other assistance as needed.
Location: Dearborn Day Health Center
Supervisor: Center Manager
- Up to date COVID-19 and flu immunizations
- Reliable transportation
- Able to sit, stand, and bend for a period of 4 hours
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds
SPECIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Comfortable engaging with the older adult population
- Maintain professional yet caring interactions with participants
- Use discretion, sound judgement, and maintain confidentiality
- Dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and compassionate
- Ability to comprehend, follow, and retain both written and verbal directions
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Minimum of one 4-hour shift per week
- Minimum six-month commitment
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
15401 Commerce Drive NorthDearborn, MI 48120
August 31, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK