Event Planning Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: P.E.A.R.L. Institute
The Pacific, Education, Research, and Learning Institute of New York Inc. (P.E.A.R.L. Institute), a non-profit organization, was founded in 1993 by a group of Asian-Pacific Island community leaders in southern California who were committed to addressing community and human service needs. In 2015, the institute was re-established in New York City and renamed the PEARL Institute of New York, Inc.
We believe in the inherent dignity and potential of all people. Guided by values of global social justice, empowerment, and professionalism, we are devoted to bridging cultures and promoting culturally congruent social policies and direct services to the Asian Pacific and Islander populations in the United States, Pacific Rim region, and beyond.
The P.E.A.R.L. Institute of New York is currently seeking self-motivated Event Planning volunteers. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion and alignment with the mission of the Institute.
- Manage all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, and on-site coordination, to post event follow up
- Order supplies needed for events and ensure items arrive in a timely fashion
- Assist in site and vendor selection and negotiating the best possible rates and terms
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and execute pre-event marketing
- A commitment of at least 10 hours a week
- College education or above degree
- Past experience in event planning
- Strong computer skills; experience using Microsoft Office and basic skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional working style and ability to develop collaborative relationships with staff and community groups
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
1 Washington Square NorthNew York, NY 10003
August 31, 2022