Advocacy Outreach Volunteer (Human Rights Organization)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: OLLAA: Oromo Legacy Leadership & Advocacy Association
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This role will connect our mission with organizations and official agencies that have relevant and measurable influence in the outcomes of public policies. The volunteer will work directly with the Advocacy Manager to create important letter drafts that can be quickly and easily tailored between policy makers to ensure efficiency in time and outreach effort.
· Working with the Advocacy Manager, you will create letter templates that can be easily modified to meet the needs of the individual policy influencers, congressman, etc.
· Create and maintain database for important outreach information of each addressee such as name, address, phone number, email address, etc.
· Research and report newsfeed, articles, media postings pertaining to the Oromo community in order to modify policy letters with up-to-date information.
· Assist in the creation and outreach of critical campaigns to drive the organization’s mission forward in the political arenas.
· Other tasks as needed as the position develops and the organization grows.
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Proficient in writing software
· Ability to print official letters and process from print to mail
· Research skills for information verification and related news sources
· Experience in government communications is helpful, but not required
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
800 W Broad St 100#263Falls Church, VA 22040
August 31, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK