Jsem právně slepý a potřebuji pomoc - bilingual gent needs a little help.
ORGANIZATION: Aging and Disability Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
Jsem právně slepý a potřebuji pomoc - A legally blind neighbor needs a little help reading and sorting mail, grocery shopping and learning voice over technology. This multilingual fellow is an aviation industry mechanical engineer so an organized person with an interest in regularly scheduled visits and communications. He is very active, walking and exercising daily, loves music and singing and even plays a few instruments. There is something here for everyone. You can set your own schedule and communicate it effectively - others will help so no worries about being overwhelmed. He is very independent and self-sufficient but is unable to drive and has difficulty with vision dependent tasks - legally blind, not totally blind.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.c
About Aging and Disability Services
184 Windsor Avenue (Main Office), Volunteer Positions are in Most CT Towns, Windsor (Main Office), CT 06095, US
Maximizing opportunities for the independence and well-being of people with disabilities and older adults in Connecticut. Core Values INTEGRITY: We interact honestly and fairly with all others, adhering to strong ethics, values and principals. RESPECT: We value and recognize others for their unique skills, talents and contributions, and are considerate in all interactions. PROFESSIONALISM: We are mindful of our daily conduct and strive to have the highest work standards with a courteous attitude. OPEN COMMUNICATION: We encourage the sharing of information and knowledge in an accurate, honest and supportive way.
Aging and Disability Services: Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
Welcome to the Department of Aging and Disability Services. Our programs, policies and practices are designed to:
- Deliver integrated aging and disability services responsive to the needs of Connecticut citizens;
- Provide leadership on aging and disability issues statewide;
- Provide and coordinate aging and disability programs and services in the areas of employment, education, independent living, accessibility and advocacy;
- Advocate for the rights of Connecticut residents with disabilities and older adults; and
- Serve as a resource on aging and disability issues at the state level.
The Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind enables its clients to become more self-sufficient and to maximize their participation in the community, at school and in employment settings. It is important to note that most people who are legally blind retain a significant degree of practical vision.
Roslyn DriveNew Britain, CT 06052
November 28, 2023
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible, set your own schedule and communicate effectively with your match; set limits, others will help.
- Effective communication, good listening, solid scheduling; must be 18 have good driving record, etc.