Drive cancer patients to treatment: Pendleton County KY
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help cancer patients in your community get to life-saving medical appointments.Road To Recovery drivers donate their time and vehicle to drive those who need a ride to cancer treatments.
You choose the rides that work with your schedule. Rides are weekdays. Drivers provide 2 rides per month minimum.
Volunteer drivers are ages 18-84 with
- a good driving record
- a current license, safe vehicle, and insurance
- comfort using technology
- a commitment to complete online training
- & are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations/boosters.
To sign up, respond via Volunteer Match or visit the American Cancer Society at cancer.org/drive. Search for Road To Recovery in your zip code to learn more and start training.
About AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
PO Box 332047, Nashville, TN 37203, US
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
While most people know us for our research, we do so much more. We promote healthy lifestyles to help you prevent cancer. We research cancer and its causes to find more answers and better treatments. We fight for lifesaving policy changes. We provide everything from emotional support to the latest cancer information for those who have been touched by cancer.
Your CommunityPaducah, KY 42001
August 29, 2022
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 2 rides per month after the initial online trainings and paperwork.
- Training provided. COVID-19 vaccination & booster. Masks for driver and passenger during ride. Good driving record; safe, reliable vehicle; proof of adequate auto insurance.