Drive Cancer Patients to Treatment as a Road To Recovery Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
Transportation is key to cancer care
For those who cannot drive themselves or have no other means of getting to their treatment, our Road To Recovery(r) volunteers donate their spare time to give cancer patients a much-needed lift.Why is this important?
Even the best treatment can’t work if a patient can’t get there. That’s why a successful transportation assistance program can be a tremendous, potentially life-saving asset to your community.To volunteer, what do you need?
If you own or have regular access to a safe, reliable vehicle, then you’re already on the road to volunteering. But you’ll also need:
- Between the ages of 18 and 84.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate automobile insurance.
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle.
- Pass background check and motor vehicle records checks.
- Comfortable using technology with reliable internet access.
- Complete required training and follow through on ride commitments.
- Appreciation and respect for diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures of patients, caregivers, volunteers, and staff.
- Must certify completion of COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to participating in the program and agree to stay up to date with vaccination series, including all recommended vaccine boosters.
About American Cancer Society
PO Box 34309, Los Angeles, CA 90034, US
The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
At the American Cancer Society, we're on a mission to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we'll be funding and conducting research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention. All so you can live longer - and better.
Multiple locations Canyon Country, CA 91387
August 29, 2022
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers set their own schedules based on their availability, we do ask for one ride to be provided per month.