9 people are interested
Social Media Intern
ORGANIZATION: Write to Be
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
At Write to Be , we believe that all girls deserve opportunities and resources to develop independence and agency in their own lives and in turn, embrace active and impactful roles in their communities. Through positive relationships, educational support, skills training, and community engagement, we create a framework for self-discovery and empowerment that equips girls with the tools to be fearless authors of their lives.
Write to Be is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded by Haitian and American educators in 2015. We have two core programs: 1) The Fi Ki Fo (Strong Girl) program - an after-school program for 20+ adolescent girls. And 2) Fanm Ki Fo (Strong Women) - a grant program that supports women with emergency expenses, as well as professional development pursuits.
We are a fully-remote team looking for a part-time social media intern to support our mission. An ideal candidate would be able to volunteer 5-10 hours per week to the position. The start date is flexible. (Please note: We are willing to work with your university to provide academic credit for your internship.)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using our Styleguide , create regular content (1-3 posts per week) for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn that maintains WTB’s brand.
- Coordinate with staff in Haiti to collect photos and quotes from our programs
- Create and re-share content that is related to our mission
- Maintain social media calendar ( example of calendar)
- Maintain website
- Establish relationships and networks to fellow Haitian nonprofits with similar mission as WTB
- Interact with followers via the organization’s social media accounts by responding to comments and messages within 48 hours.
- Create tools to track potential partnerships and opportunities found on social media.
- Collaborate with assigned Fundraising & Communications committee member to develop marketing campaigns for upcoming events/fundraisers/volunteer opportunities
- Basic understanding of (or the ability to quickly learn) Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Hootsuite
- Squarespace website design
- Creativity to craft engaging content that appeals to our audiences
- Experience engaging social media audiences
- Intermediate proficiency in Haitian Creole and/or French is not required but highly preferred
- A collaborative team-based and highly communicative work-ethic
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Write to Be, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Write to Be is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Data shows that women more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Kelsey Ullom (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Write to Be
PO Box 34251, 1400 L Street NW, Washington, DC 20005, US
We believe that all girls deserve opportunities and resources to develop independence and agency in their own lives and in turn, embrace active and impactful roles in their communities. Through positive relationships, educational support, skills training, and community engagement, we create a framework for self-discovery and empowerment that equips girls with the tools to be fearless authors of their lives.
Write to Be supports the Fi Ki Fὸ program ("Strong Girl" in Haitian Creole) in collaboration with Consolation Center Haiti (CCH) in Les Cayes, a nonprofit that provides medical care, education, housing, meals, and clothing for girls and boys in southern Haiti. In 2020, over 20 11-year old girls will participate in a series of activities led by Haitian women focused on self-identity, healthy relationships, professional life, and society. These activities, part of a curriculum developed by U.S. and Haitian educators, are accompanied by vocational skill training classes along with mentorship opportunities. Believing strongly in the importance of developing female leaders and recognizing the barriers young women face during the transition to adulthood, Write to Be also oversees the Famn Ki Fὸ ("Strong Woman") Fund, which provides scholarships for Fi Ki Fὸ alumnae for ongoing education and professional development opportunities as well as emergency funding. Check out more at www.writetobe.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 28, 2022
- Social Media / Blogging