1 person is interested
Treasurer/Bookkeeper - Board Member
ORGANIZATION: Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Do you have a passion for saving animals? Small Angels Rescue, Inc. is in need of a Treasurer/Bookkeeper (volunteer) who has a passion for animal welfare and a deep commitment to saving the lives of the smallest and most vulnerable pets. 'Pocket Pets' are often treated inhumanely and discarded when no longer wanted, and it is our mission to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats
- Experience as a Treasurer and Bookkeeping
- Time commitment for this role is 3-4 hours monthly and will vary depending on the organization's present activity level
- Must be in the MD/VA/DC area to attend in person board meetings.
- The Treasurer is a member of the Board of Directors
- The term for this position is a minimum of 2 years
- Oversees financial matters, compiles quarterly and annual financial reports, including the annual budget
- Ensures official government paperwork is filed, tracks donor information, and presides at meetings when the President, Vice President and Secretary are unavailable
- The Treasurer will also assume the role of Bookkeeper if possible
- As an At-Large Board Member, you will participate in Board Meetings. These are held quarterly in-person in Frederick, Maryland, and monthly via teleconference/Zoom.
About Small Angels Rescue, Inc.:
Small Angels Rescue, Inc. is a growing all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community. Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,500 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. These animals are worthy of respectful and compassionate treatment. We advocate and facilitate responsible animal care and companionship. We do not have a physical location but instead have a network of volunteers in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of small animals and join our team, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
N/A, Frederick, MD 21702, US
The mission of Small Angels Rescue Inc. is to rescue rehabilitate and rehome gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats. These animals are worthy of respectful and compassionate treatment. We advocate and facilitate responsible animal care and companionship.
Small Angels Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, no-kill, all-volunteer organization based in Frederick, MD. Small Angels works with animal shelters and adopters throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan region and in neighboring states such as Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Small Angels works primarily with kill or open admission shelters where the animals could be euthanized. We use a network of foster homes to care for the animals until they find their adoptive homes. Small Angels has no paid staff or physical shelter; we are all volunteers who dedicate our time to answering adoption inquiries, assisting adopters, arranging transportation from shelters, working with foster families, caring for foster animals, arranging vet care, educating the public, and running the organization all from our homes.
Frederick AreaFrederick, MD 21702
August 28, 2022
- Financial Service Assistance
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours per month