Tutor Specialist: EPATT (Remote & Paid!)
Please visit the new page to apply.
California Residents ONLY or have the ability to fingerprint in California by 9/12/22.
East Palo Alto Tennis & Tutoring program (EPATT)
Position Summary - The EPATT Tutor Specialist is responsible for 1:1 tutoring K -5 th, 6 th-8 th and 9 th-12th grade student populations. This role requires a desire and commitment to instruct students while adhering to EPATT curriculum implementation resulting in measurable impact.
About EPATT: The East Palo Alto Tennis and Tutoring program (EPATT) is an established non-profit organization that has made a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of students from East Palo Alto since 1988. Through partnerships with families, schools, and local communities, EPATT promotes leadership, discipline, hard work, and excellence among its Kindergarten through 12 th grade students. Using a unique mix of one-on-one academic tutoring, tennis, and academic and enrichment activities. EPATT strives to equip students to be college and career ready. EPATT’s programming is flexible for tutors. Remote option is available through virtual platform (Zoom), however in person is available and encouraged.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS - EPATT is seeking energetic, committed, motivated, organized, and creative Tutor Specialists. This role requires basic comprehension of math, reading and writing subject areas is K-5, 6-8 and/or 9-12 grade levels. The ideal candidate is interested in education, the non-profit sector, or social work, and mustbe rising junior or senior in high school, a college student or recent graduate. Knowledge of challenges and interventions for youth from urban communities strongly preferred.
- Authorized to work in the USA
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Desire to assist K-12 grade students toward college attainment
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic
- A high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day!
- Must pass a background check. (fingerprinting must be completed in California)
Location: This is a remote position. **If local to EPA, opportunity to come on site for in person tutoring if preferred.
- Start Date: September 12, 2022
- End Date: December 15, 2022
- Elementary School math and reading sessions
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 3:40pm-6:00pm
- 3:40pm - 4:20pm.
- 4:30pm - 5:10pm
- 5:20pm - 6:00pm
- Middle School math, reading, writing, general subject sessions
Hours: Monday-Thursday 1:00pm - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 5:45pm
- 1:11pm - 2:00pm
- 2:03pm - 2:52pm
- 5:00pm - 5:45pm
- High School math, science, English sessions
Hours: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Any 1-hour block within timeframe
***2 days per week mandatory .
***Multiple session per day strongly encouraged!
The EPATT Tutor Specialist position is an academic year position and does not include benefits. This position is contracted for fall 2022 with opportunity to continue through academic year
- Stipend of $400.00 awarded at end of assignment only if all duties are met. Potential for $200 bonus if your student’s assessment improves at the end of the quarter.
- 3-4 hours per week.
- May use hours towards Federal Work Study.
- This is a part-time position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - EPATT is an equal opportunity employer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak.
- Ability to type, write, and read.
Apply Online: www.epatt.org/volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
03:30 PM to 06:00 PM
05:00 PM to 05:45 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
EPATT, PO BOX 60597, Palo Alto, CA 94306, US
Through partnerships with families, schools, and the local communities, EPATT promotes leadership, discipline, hard work, and excellence among its K-12 students. Using the unique mix of one-on-one academic tutoring and tennis instruction, EPATT strives to enrich the academic, athletic, and life skills of its participants.
What Makes EPATT Special?
EPATT is a "game-changer" for at-risk students through academics, athletics, motivation, and parental involvement.
How Does EPATT Measure Success?
- Over 95% of students graduate from high school
- 68% of EPATT graduates attend college
- There is 100% attendance at every parent meeting
- Each student receives 100 hours of fitness and tennis instruction per year
- 8 program graduates are certified tennis teaching professionals
- 6 program graduates played tennis on their junior college teams
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- September 12th - December 15th, 2022
- Must fingerprint in the state of California