Peer Support Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach
Please visit the new page to apply.
The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center) advances equity through culturally responsive advocacy, education, programs, and services. The Center is looking for individuals who can help program staff as Group Co-Facilitators. As a co-facilitator you will be in an active/supportive role to help create and maintain a welcoming, affirming, and supportive environment for all group members. As a co-facilitator you will provide broad support for all group members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works cooperatively as a team with program staff.
* Effectively and regularly communicate with program staff.
* As needed, help negotiate/co-facilitate conflicts or disagreements that may arise during groups.
* As needed, help liaise between program staff and participants.
* To follow/enforce established guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Specific hours varied depending on the needs of the programs. More information will be made available during the onboarding process.
* Group facilitation training will be provided (at no cost), prior to placement.
* Ongoing/supportive supervision will be provided.
* Must be 21 years of age or older
* Ability to pass FBI background check + Live Scan FingerPrint
* Experience working with diverse populations (particularly LGBTQ+ individuals)
* Ability to create and maintain constructive relationships
* Ability to create and maintain excellent professional boundaries
* Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
* Strong active listening skills
* Positive attitude
* Flexibility, able to adapt to change, and good at multi-tasking
About The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach
2017 E. 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814, US
The Center engages, empowers and advocates to achieve a more equitable society and fosters an ever-improving quality of life for the LGBTQ community. We work to inform and connect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities through programs of information and education, physical and mental well-being, cultural and social activities, and social justice. We advocate for the inclusion of all individuals into a free and just community, without judgment or restriction due to sexual orientation or gender expression.
The Center provides critically important services for the LGBTQ community in Long Beach and at large such as:
- HIV/STI Testing
- Intimate Partner Violence Services
- Mental Health Counseling
- Legal Clinic
- Senior Services
- Social & Support Groups
- Trans Services
- Youth Services
- Career Counseling
- Cyber Center
- Housing & Postings
- Seminars & Workshops
- Social & Cultural Events
From our youth program to our front desk, to our special events, to our mental health department, volunteerism plays a vital role in almost every part of our organization. We couldn't do what we do without our dedicated volunteers.
Interested in volunteering with us and being part of our Center family? Sign up for one of our volunteer information sessions at www.centerlb.org/volunteer.
2017 E. 4th StreetLong Beach, CA 90814
August 27, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Specific hours varied depending on the needs of the programs. More information will be made available during the onboarding process.
- Ability to pass FBI background check + Live Scan FingerPrint. COVID-19 VACCINATION + Booster.