988 Crisis Counselor AmeriCorps Position - Charleston, WV Service Site
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Health360, Inc.
Healthy Minds Alliance Mission: Healthy Minds Alliance is a community-based approach to the mental health crisis utilizing evidenced-based/ informed programs in diverse communities across the nation.
Purpose of Position: AmeriCorps Members will provide expanded support to meet challenges faced by local crisis call centers across the country as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline shifts to the 3 digit number 988. This position would be working in-person at a site in Charleston, WV.
Identified Programs: AmeriCorps Members are trained in the mental health intervention identified by the local crisis call center.
- Participate in designated mental health evidence-based/ informed training
- Provide support in answering calls/ texts/ chats that come into local crisis call centers
- Build capacity to recruit other volunteers for the crisis call center
- Assist with onboarding and training of other volunteers
- Outreach to local community to educate on 988
- Market program through press releases, social media and informational sessions
- Provide performance measure data to Health360
- Assist with evaluation, building evidence around services provided
- Establish and foster relationships with community mental health agencies as partners and resources
- Serve as a resource to course participants on an ongoing basis
- Respect the privacy of colleagues and others, including the responsibility to protect personal information
- Advocate for mental health awareness whenever possible
- Grant writing to support mental health focused activities
- Participate in AmeriCorps large service project
- Participate in monthly calls held nationally by Health360
- Assist host site with ongoing mental health community initiatives and regional events
- Complete required CDC and Public Health AmeriCorps trainings
- Personal and/ or professional knowledge of mental health topics
- Understanding of mental health issues and resources
- Knowledge about mental health resources in her/his community and state
- Positive attitudes towards individuals with mental illnesses
- Enthusiasm for reducing the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness and addiction disorders
Details and Benefits include:
- Complete a 10-month service commitment, specific dates will be determined by the host site supervisor*
- Full-time AmeriCorps position - 1700 service hours - 40 hours per week, 5 holidays, 2.5 personal days
- AmeriCorps members receive a $18,000 stipend for their service - paid biweekly = 22 checks
- $6,495 Education Award upon completion of service commitment (1700 service hours)
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Health360 will offer $500 to cover relocation costs for candidates who travel more than 50 miles relocating to Charleston, WV for this 10 month in-person service term.
*Term of service is limited to a maximum of 12 months with approval by Health360.
To submit your resume, please email:
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Charleston, WV 06702
August 27, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME