1 person is interested
Bilingual GED Tutor
ORGANIZATION: Mission Neighborhood Centers Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
I am looking for a tutor who speaks both English and Spanish that can help assist our GED instructor. The tutor will help students study and prepare for their GED exam. Most of our students first language is Spanish so it is important that you are fluent in not only speaking Spanish but reading and writing as well. I would prefer a volunteer who has some knowledge of the GED exam.
About Mission Neighborhood Centers Inc.
362 Capp Street, San Francisco, CA 94110, US
Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. delivers culturally sensitive, multi-generational community-based services focused on low-income families. We develop and promote leadership skills that empower families to build strong, healthy and vibant neighborhoods.
MNC provides a continuum of programs and services to over 3000 low-income children, youth, parents and seniors at 11 sites throughout the greater Mission District, including Mission Bay, Excelsior and Bayview/Hunters Point. We are a family-focused agency because evidence shows that when each individual member of a family is supported, the strength and success as family unit is increased.
- Children's Services - As a designated Head Start grantee, we provide early care & preschool to over 400 children, ages 0-5.
- Youth Development - We serve high-risk youth, ages 10-18, including after-school programs, leadership development, Safe Haven, violence prevention and GED classes. Our gender specific program, Mission Girls, reaches over 300 young women, ages 9-18 each year.
- Healthy Aging Senior Programs - We offer educational & enrichment programs to 500 seniors, ages 60+, including nutritious meals, exercise classes, computer literacy, cultural activities, flield trips & more.
- Workforce Development - we offer job training to high-risk young adults, ages 16-24, with first time placement into the construction and clean & green economy fields. Most participants come from the Southeast sector of San Francisco and are at risk of dropping out of school and/or criminal & gang involvement.
1245 Alabama StreetSan Francisco, CA 94110
August 26, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Adult Education
- Must be at least 18
- At least 2-3 times a week. Tutoring on Friday is a must.