Volunteer Board Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: MassRecycle, Inc. The Massachusetts Recycling Coalition
The MassRecycle board of directors is a volunteer group of passionate Waste Nerds committed to finding solutions for the ever-evolving challenges of solid materials management in Massachusetts.
MassRecycle is dedicated to improving recycling, organics diversion, and sustainable materials management in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Using the knowledge base of our diverse membership, we are able to craft and advocate for legislation that is practical and effective. We work on behalf of our members to provide opportunities for connection, educate on strategies to maximize waste diversion, and advocate for better material management policies in Massachusetts.
- Understanding the organization’s mission, policies, and programs, and inform others about MassRecycle
- Helping to enhance MassRecycle’s public profile and network within the solid waste industries, municipalities, and communities of Massachusetts
- Bringing specific skills to the organization to contribute to the organization’s operations or to an existing area of programming
- Serve on one sub-committee
- Actively recruit new supporters, especially during the time leading up to the annual conference (spring) and Fall social
- Aid in making connections between MassRecycle and your personal network
- Attendance at one monthly board meeting, an additional committee meeting every 4-6 weeks, and bimonthly conference planning meetings from January-April. Currently all meetings are held virtually.
Board Members are:
- Passionate Waste Nerds interested in learning, listening, and working toward shared goals
- Interested in the goals and mission of the organization
- Willing to put in the work to see ideas come to fruition
- Able to commit to at least two (virtual) meetings per month
- Dedicated to a more sustainable Massachusetts
Desired Skills and Experience:
We especially seek applicants with any of the following skills: Fundraising, Accounting, Nonprofit Management, Development, Business Strategy, Event Planning, Community Outreach, Technical and/or Audio-Visual Skills, Marketing, Networking, Relationship Building.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Boston, MA 02109
August 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH