Sponsorship Program Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Out Montclair
Sponsorship Program Coordinator
Out Montclair is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented volunteer Sponsorship Program Coordinator to support the Sponsorship Director in the planning of Montclair Pride festival taking place on Saturday, June 10, 2023.
Join our team to help raise awareness and provide support and solidarity for the LGBTQIA+ community of Montclair and surrounding areas.
This position is a crucial member of the Events team and reports directly to the Sponsorship Director. You will be the face of Montclair Pride, working and communicating directly with potential and confirmed sponsors/vendors. The ideal candidate has a passion to make an impact, a positive attitude, and enjoys an enthusiastic work environment.
- Represents Montclair Pride in a positive manner at all times, including when working with sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and staff.
- Perform complex administrative duties for the Sponsorship team, with little supervision, exercising confidentiality, independent discretion, and judgment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key sponsors and vendors.
- Manage sponsorship email account, communicate with sponsors, and answer event-related questions.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets of all confirmed and potential sponsors and vendors.
- Track sponsor materials such as logos, and permits.
- Track sponsorship fees and payments.
- Finalize vendor booth rental needs and liaise with third-party rental vendors.
- Update sponsorship logistics materials on website.
- Work with internal teams such as design, PR, accounting to ensure sponsor-related benefits are met.
- Coordinate onsite as directed including preparation (such as assembling swag bags), setup, event execution and breakdown.
- Work on other special projects as needed.
- Estimated 5-10 hours/week through December.
- 20-25 hours/week from January-June.
- Driven and ambitious individual with a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years of special events experience.
- Proactive self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful.
- Ability to take on end-to-end responsibility for their event projects and manage tasks simultaneously.
- Highly effective communication skills, outstanding verbal, writing and editing abilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management, superior organizational skills, extremely detail-oriented with good follow-up.
- Poise, professional, self-confidence, strong sense of dedication, and a good sense of humor.
- Highly proficient in Gmail, Google Docs and Google spreadsheets.
- 100% remote work, however, must be able to travel to Montclair, NJ for the event, and pre-event planning as needed.
- Experience with event survey tools such as Jotform or SurveyMonkey, a plus.
- Experience editing websites using Squarespace, a plus.
- Keen visual/artistic design capabilities, a plus.
About Out Montclair
Out Montclair is a nonprofit organization created to raise awareness and provide support and solidarity for the LGBTQIA+ community of Montclair. We offer educational and charitable activities and events to promote inclusivity and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary and gender-fluid youth and adults. Additionally, we are a safe space where our community and our allies can come together and celebrate who we are.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
41 Watchung PlazaMontclair, NJ 07042
August 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME