Administrative Assistant Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Legion of Good Will
Legion of Good Will (LBV-USA) is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) ecumenical organization dedicated to provide charitable and educational services for underprivileged families aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
We are seeking a volunteer in our New York Office to provide administrative and accounting support to senior management. Great opportunity for college students seeking first-time employment experience.
- Represent LBV-USA organization in a professional, friendly and efficient manner. This role is the face of the organization to all internal and external collaborators;
- Triage incoming requests for senior management’s time, assessing priority, delegation and possible resolution;
- Perform calendar management. Organize meetings, take notes and help in monitoring deadlines in all levels within the organization;
- Prepare, review and manage correspondence, memoranda, presentations and various staff communications;
- Ensure full phone coverage and message delivery to appropriate staff
- Assist with staff timecards, attendance;
- Work collaboratively with other administrative team members;
- Maintain frequent communication outreach through various channels, including: social media, website and print media;
- Help maintain organization’s database with data entry and updates;
- Manage office maintenance including organization and supply inventory.
- Adequate English writing for communication outreach and fluency in Portuguese or Spanish
- Ability to write creatively as part of the organization's communication outreach.
- Must have expertise in all MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Must be willing to learn new applications as needed.
- Accuracy, organization, time-management and efficiency are extremely important in this position;
- Must be a hard worker, able to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude;
- Must be able to work collaboratively and without direction, anticipate the needs of executive, proactively solve problems and otherwise contribute to the success of the organization;
- Must be available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 3 pm.
This opportunity requires a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week, though the scheduling is flexible. A small stipend for food and transportation is offered.
4 W 43rd St #602, New York, NY - 10036
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
4 West 43rd StreetSuite #602New York, NY 10036
August 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK