Chief Publicity Officer
ORGANIZATION: Dweebs Global
Please visit the new page to apply.
Led by a diverse team, the Sentinel has already attracted world-class writers and editors. Initial sections will focus on mental health, career development, education, lifestyle and health, relationships, politics, and fiction, plus a once a week feature on people doing good in the world.
Thank you for joining us as we unite people through stories of authentic experiences, inspire compassion and philanthropy around the globe, and provide a voice to minorities often forgotten.
The DG Sentinel will be heavily supported by Dweebs Global, a successful free mentorship nonprofit operating in over 35 countries, with on-the-ground teams in Sierra Leone, Nigeria, India, Colombia, and the United States.The Role
We are looking for experienced, skilled and passionate individuals to join us in a leadership role with Dweebs Global and the magazine team.
This position will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing publicity strategies
- Establish goals and review systems for these goals
- Maintaining effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders, influencers, media and readers
- Connecting C-Suite members and the organization to speaking and news opportunities
- Representing the DG Sentinel to the media and the public
- Preparing press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Organise PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Empowering the teams and onboarding new team members
- Providing leadership and support to the team
- Determining the most appropriate internal communications strategy for the team, and
- Meet with the wider leadership team and report on progress and activities
This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for the publicity teams.Who we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate and reliable individual who has experience in the following:
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Connections to major newspaper leaders, high networth donors, and the nonprofit community at large
- Connections to or knowledge of celebrity and influencer outreach
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Experience in creating and implementing a PR strategy
- Experience in taking big picture thoughts and formulating this into policies
- Creating a positive culture towards volunteer engagement
- Proven experience building and retaining teams among diverse groups in skills
- Leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage a team
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level communications skills in English
- Ability to communicate with people globally
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Analytical thinking and creative problem solving
- Reliability and efficiency
About Dweebs Global
8 THE GREEN STE A, DOVER, DE 19901, US
Dweebs Global exists to make the world a better place by increasing happiness and decreasing suffering and pain. We unite good people from every corner of the planet to provide free mentorship, brainstorm solutions to today’s most pressing problems, and work together to fix world crises. We offer advice tailored for you all for free. Our mentors work hard to contribute actually useful informational content to our website. We host webinars and post "no nonsense" videos to our YouTube channel. Our mentorship pairs you with a mentor in your field who can provide tailored expertise. We’ve edited hundreds of resumes, interacted with thousands of mentees, and are always here to answer your questions. Dweebs support is unique because our services are 100% free. We don’t do sponsorships, we don’t accept money for endorsements, and we provide advice that we truly believe will help you succeed!
Dweebs Global is a volunteer run international movement that provides free mentorship in everything from career support to mental health. We have attracted over 800 professionals from all around the world who are willing to use their time and knowledge to help. They also contribute to various social impact projects including open-source programming, educational YouTube content, and informational articles published on our website. In a few months since starting as a response to the COVID-19 economic downturn, our non-profit has helped hundreds of people and even secured jobs. We believe that everyone no matter what they do, how old they are, or where they live, has some expertise to share and that can help someone out there. We hope you will join us.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Sales Marketing
- 10 hours per week, we do ask for a minimum 12 months commitment and we can be flexible on time. Many of our current team work full-time and volunteer in the evenings.
- This is a virtual opportunity and you will need your own device and an internet connection.