1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: QUALITY OF LIFE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Quality of Life Inc. is seeking a seasoned fundraiser to join our mission driven team. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, and manage fundraising campaigns. By coordinating events, writing proposals, and recruiting and leading volunteers, you will hone your speaking, writing, and leadership abilities while moving Quality of Life Inc. closer to its financial goals.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized, with a knack for research. We are looking for someone who believes in Quality of Life Inc.'s mission and will demonstrate exceptional drive to further our existing fundraising efforts and help strategize and deliver new ones.
The Fundraising Specialist is responsible for providing support to the efforts of Quality of Life Inc. including fundraising and capturing stories of the foundations work to promote. The Fundraising Specialist helps the non-profit carry out its due diligence function related to assuring fiscal health through philanthropy and fund development. The Fundraising Specialist partners with staff to institutionalize the philanthropic process within the Board and its individual members, assuring a donor-centered organization. The Fundraising Specialist manages the direct fundraising operations for Quality of Life Inc. while developing and fostering relationships with key external organizations, donors, and potential donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and implements all aspects of QLI fundraising programs, including development, and targeting of solicitations, maintenance of donor databases, and donor acknowledgements.
- Research individuals, corporations, and foundations that may be interested in gift-giving
- Assists with recruiting and recommending committee members for Fundraising and Development Committee.
- Cultivates relationships with external organizations and individuals to build support and obtain funding for QLI.
- Establish a positive, collaborative relationship with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and volunteers to assure the most effective use of talent, resources, and ideas in fundraising; instill best development practices across the organization.
- Provide regular reports with analysis on fundraising as it relates to annual goals.
- Draft content for fundraising letters, blog entries, articles, newsletters, social media, and press releases to create greater awareness of nonprofit work and attract donors.
- A minimum of three years’ fundraising, sales, or marketing experience
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for research
- Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities
About QUALITY OF LIFE INC
2019 CUNNINGHAM DR, HAMPTON, VA 23666, US
Mission: We inspire, promote and enhance the quality of life of individuals in our community through education, community programs, and individual and family services. Vision: To transform communities by helping individuals evolve through personal, educational, and social development.
Quality of Life Inc. (QLI) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization established in 2016, that works to inspire, promote, and enhance the "Quality of Life" of youth and their families in our community through personal, educational, and social development and growth. QLI understands the importance of one’s well-being and provides various programs, events, and resources to ensure each individual in our community truly understands "Your Well-being Matters."
QLI allocates funds to serve the local community by providing services (listed below) for both youth and their families. QLI facilitates numerous events to assist our community with items as school supplies, hygiene items, food, and youth scholarships.
Higher Grounds Mentoring program empowers youth to develop the necessary skills and abilities required to maximize their opportunities for personal growth and productive citizenship through mentoring.
Higher Grounds Life-Skills Coaching program focuses on the following areas: financial management, job preparation, school support, social skills, and daily living.
Higher Grounds Reentry (HGR) program focuses on adjusting youth's individual behavior and assisting with workforce development opportunities.
Leading Youth of Tomorrow program is a evidenced-based training where participants identify and explore topics serving as barriers to their academic success and contributing to truancy.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2022
- Customer Acquisition
- Financial Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
- Donor Management
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- There are no specific time commitments.