Use Your People Skills to Make A Difference With the Alzheimer's Association - Valparaiso
ORGANIZATION: ALZHEIMER'S ASSOCIATION - GREATER INDIANA CHAPTER
Please visit the new page to apply.
Whether you have a little time or a lot of time, you can make a HUGE impact. Are you a mover and shaker within your community? Are you a people person? Are you involved in group that has coffee together, plays golf, pickleball or tennis together, sews together, hikes, walks, runs or bikes together, or another activity based group? If you said yes to any of these questions, YOU are who we are looking for. Be a part of our fun and creative volunteer committee that focuses on finding and recruiting participants for one of the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature campaigns, The Longest Day.
The Longest Day is the day with the most light - the summer solstice. On this day, we recognize the thousands of participants from across the world that have come together to fight the darkness of Alzheimer's through an activity of their choice. Together, they use their creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness for the care, support, advocacy and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. This Do-It-Yourself fundraising and awareness campaign encourages participants to take what they enjoy doing and turn it into a The Longest Day activity-- how they want, when they want and where they want. Participants throughout Indiana have raised funds and awareness by playing cards, biking, baking, playing pickleball, golfing, running, live streaming, doing yoga, hosting a car show, having a backyard BBQ and the list goes on. It’s fun! It’s creative! And, it’s growing!
- Be a part of the new participant volunteer team. Identify and recruit The Longest Day participants from where you work, live, play and/or even worship.
- Be a part of our Global Team recruitment. Global Teams are locations, clubs, etc. that are a part of a national company, club or organization that has partnered with the Alzheimer’s Association, The Longest Day campaign, from a national level but needs us to recruit and spread the word on the local level, across the state. A list of global teams, scripts, etc. will be provided.
- Or, be a part of an affinity recruitment team. Do you have a passion or hobby like hiking, biking, running, playing pickleball, etc. where your knowledge or connections could make an impact on recruiting new participants?
Respond to this post by Friday, October 14 to make sure you are included in our [short] virtual training session the following week. If you have questions, email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us grow this campaign as we work together to #ENDALZ.
About ALZHEIMER'S ASSOCIATION - GREATER INDIANA CHAPTER
50 E 91ST ST., SUITE 100, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46240, US
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. ... To address this escalating crisis, the Alzheimer's Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and other dementias.
Multiple locations Valparaiso, IN 46383
August 25, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- We are very flexible and willing to work w/ your schedule.