Volunteer LICENSED Massage Therapist for 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Heritage OnCare Hospice
Position Title: Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) Volunteer
Position Summary: an LMT volunteer provides massage therapy for patients, with physician's orders, as requested by the interdisciplinary team, and included in the plan of care.
- satisfactory completion of Heritage OnCare Volunteer Training Program
- Current state license for massage therapy
- possesses effective communication skills
- 2 professional & 1 personal reference
- understanding and compliance of all organization confidentiality statements and standards
- willingness to function as a team member
Duties and Responsibilities
- provides massages for assigned Heritage OnCare Hospice patients in accordance with interdisciplinary group care plan and ONLY with physicians' orders
- serves as an integral member of and maintains open communication with the Hospice Team
- maintains and reports accurate documentation of volunteer hours, including travel time and mileage
- completes all assignments and notifies the Volunteer Coordinator is unable to volunteer during scheduled times
- immediately reports any incident, accident or concern about a patient and/or family to the Volunteer Coordinator or Clinical Director
- Completes annual volunteer trainings, updates and surveys
- adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures
Position Specific Requirements
- light to medium lifting, bending, stooping, and reaching may be requested. May spend long periods of time sitting or standing. Volunteers should advise the Volunteer Coordinator if unable to perform these duties
- Current and Appropriate licensure
- time commitment of 2-3 hours per week or as needed
Heritage OnCare Hospice is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
16934 Frances Street200Omaha, NE 68130
August 25, 2022