1 person is interested
Hospice Volunteers Needed in Napa
ORGANIZATION: Anchor Health
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Anchor Health is currently seeking Hospice Volunteers who live in Napa and surrounding cities.
Volunteering for Anchor Health will give you an opportunity to truly make a difference in another person's life. Your smile, your listening, your attention, and your compassionate presence will bring the important gift of connection and affirmation to someone who is in their final phase of life. If administrative volunteering sounds like a better fit for you, we have many volunteering opportunities available there as well.
Volunteers are given assignments that work for them. You tell us how often you'd like to volunteer, and we'll find an assignment that's a good match for you. All of us at Anchor Health value you, your time, and your very generous heart. We are grateful for any amount of time you wish to volunteer, whether that be on-call or occasionally, once a month, once a week, or 8 hours a day. It's always up to you.
What are some things you can do as an Anchor Health Hospice Patient Volunteer?
- Have a friendly visit with a patient and/or their family members
- Read a book or a passage out loud
- Play cards or other games
- Do arts and crafts like coloring, painting, drawing, etc.
- Walk their dog
- If you're a Veteran, relate and connect to patients through your mutual experiences
- Play some recorded music or play an instrument
- Share or view photos
- Knit or scrapbook
- Sew memory bears or blankets or ornaments
- Make flower arrangements
- Take a walk with them
- Sit outdoors with them on a patio and enjoy the sunshine or shade
- Run errands
- Grocery shop
- Do some very light housekeeping
- Organize a bookshelf, a closet, a garage
- Accompany them to community activities
- Ride with them on a para-transit bus to visit the beauty shop
- Trim their roses so they have a pretty view from their window
- Help them write letters, emails, and cards
- Interview them to create a life journal they can pass along to loved ones
- Have a beautiful conversation
- Sit with them in compassionate and therapeutic silence
- Volunteer your licensed services: haircut, manicure, massage, reiki, and alternative therapies.
- Bring along your licensed pet therapy animal
- Provide some respite care so the family or a caregiver can take a little break
- Sit vigil with a patient who is actively dying
- Give the gift of your heart and your time
- Let us know what you enjoy doing!
- Assemble our start-of-care bags that patients receive on their first visit
- Prepare the hospice binders
- Make copies
- File paperwork
- Call patients or caregivers to see if they need any supplies or medications
- Help with mailings
- Help with our annual celebration of life event
How do you get started?
Let us know you're interested and our Volunteer Coordinator will give you a call! You will receive an orientation to hospice concepts as well as training for your patient visits and/or administrative help, and you will be well-supported and greatly appreciated by Patients, their families, and the entire Anchor Health Hospice team.
We look forward to talking with you!
Anchor Health Volunteer Coordinator
About Anchor Health
505 San Marin Drive, Suite B, Novato, CA 94945, US
To enrich the lives of patients and the communities we serve by providing compassionate end of life care through innovation, exceptional quality, and professionalism. Our experienced care team honors individual choice and is the anchor to support each patient’s unique healthcare needs. Our goal is to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort. We strive to empower the patient and family by providing them with the tools, information and support they need to make informed decisions. We provide ongoing support for family and friends for if it is needed. We believe that Hospice health should be available to all persons with an illness for which there is no cure or for persons who elect not to attempt a cure, resulting in a limited life expectancy.
Volunteer Services : Trained volunteers provide support by giving personal health in a companionship and service role. They provide companionship for patients and respite for family members and other health givers, run errands, prepare meals and spend time listening and sharing with the patient and/or family.
Multiple locations Napa, CA 94558
August 24, 2022
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Must provide own transportation