Hotline Volunteer with Hope & Healing Survivor Resource Center
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers will provide the same quality of care as Crisis Intervention Specialists and Direct Service Advocates. Volunteers will maintain a safe, nonjudgmental and supportive environment for survivors and other individuals contacting the hotline. Provide information and intervention for individuals on the using the Trauma Informed Care model.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides confidential services to survivors including, but not limited to, promptly answering the 24-hour hotline, advocacy, crisis intervention, referrals, safety planning and follow-ups.
- Refers survivors to other agencies and resources.
- Makes shelter referrals to BWS with survivors, as needed.
- Screens survivors to determine shelter eligibility.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Attends trainings as deemed appropriate or assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, if schedule allows.
- Adheres to Service Excellence standards at all times.
- Represents Hope & Healing agencies, Battered Women’s Shelter and Rape Crisis Center, by participating in community activities, coalitions and taskforce groups as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- Complies with agency policies and procedures, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; step up and down; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear and drive. The volunteer must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Work environment: This position will be in a facility with victims of domestic violence or sexual assault. In addition to interaction with the survivors, the volunteer may have interactions with families of these individuals, the assailants and law enforcement. The volunteer is expected to adhere to all company policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Works as a team member with Hope and Healing employees.
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
974 East Market StreetAkron, OH 44305
July 25, 2023
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training