1 person is interested
Be part of a community working towards the end of poverty (Parsippany, NJ)
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
"Everyone should be asking themselves how they can take action, no matter their age. What is each of us going to do to change the world? Anyone can take that step to making a difference." Mary Domingo, RESULTS Wisconsin Volunteer
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together, we raise our voices in our local communities and across the country to call for solutions to poverty here in the US and across the world.
We live our values each day by working with leaders to pass policies that will lead to our vision of a world free of poverty. Our community of volunteers and staff across the United States support each other to take collective action together.
Learn more about our community of volunteers here: www.results.org/volunteer
Do you have a vision of a better, more equitable future?
You do not need to be a policy expert to make a difference at RESULTS. We will support you through training, mentoring, and monthly resources to learn the skills you need to be effective. The only thing necessary from you is a vision for a better future, the commitment to be part of the solution to poverty, and a few hours of time each month dedicated to taking advocacy actions.
By working together, we believe a better future is possible - a future where:
- All people have a safe, affordable place to call home
- Everyone can experience economic security
- No one is worried about where their next meal will come from
- All children receive a quality education
- People across the world have access to quality healthcare, nutrition, and education
Right now, this future is out of reach for too many people. Staggering inequality - driven by a history of oppressive policies - has created a world where too many people are held down and denied access to their basic rights and needs. We will not see a world free of poverty tomorrow unless we choose to take action and demand change today.
Read more about our anti-oppression values and how RESULTS volunteers make an impact here: www.results.org/volunteer
Are you willing to spare a few hours a month to be an advocate?
As a RESULTS advocate you will dedicate 4-6 hours / month taking advocacy actions like:
- Speaking with policymakers about problems in your community and solutions that can make a difference
- Publishing media to call attention to injustice in the world and solutions that need to happen
- Learning about the systems of oppression that continue to create poverty and inequality today and policy solutions that can make a difference
- Connecting with others in your community to build a powerful network of advocates working together for the end of poverty
Are you ready to make an impact and be part of the solution?
If you identify with the following, our volunteer opportunity is a perfect fit for you!
- You believe that all people, no matter where they live, should have access to basic human rights like affordable housing, nutritious food, and economic security.
- You are tired of seeing oppression and inequality create poverty in your community and long to see a future where your family, neighbors, and community can thrive.
- You are ready to step forward and be an active part of the solution.
- You are willing to go beyond voting, learn about policy solutions to poverty, develop effective advocacy skills, and spend a few hours each month taking action to make change happen.
If you are ready to make an impact, RESULTS is eager to support you!
You can take the next step today. Learn more about what you can do as a RESULTS volunteer and sign up to take action: www.results.org/volunteer
1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005, US
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity. With every hour of their time, volunteers multiply their impact through the enormous power of advocacy -- whether it’s helping change policy to support millions of families putting food on the table or helping raise billions of dollars for the world’s most vulnerable children. Backed by the in-depth research and legislative expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realize the incredible power they possess to use their voices to change the world.
For over 40 years, RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund have been shining light on critical, effective solutions to poverty. By combining the powerful voices of civic advocates with research and oversight of U.S. anti-poverty efforts at home and abroad, RESULTS has been changing government priorities and people’s lives.
"I saw RESULTS on VolunteerMatch, but I wasn’t sure what advocacy was. Before that, I wasn’t really aware of the way different government policies impacted me. But RESULTS gave me a whole new perspective. I learned that if you want change, first you need to see what members of Congress are doing and build connections." - Yaseer Khanani
"I became an advocate because I wanted to be more involved in an organization that strives to make positive change. I really appreciate how genuine and dedicated everyone is to the RESULTS mission." - Sunjay Menon
"At RESULTS, we advocate for the issues that are close to my heart, like global health, education, and poverty eradication. I get to talk about issues that I witness throughout my professional and personal life. I can effect change by raising my voice." - Shabina Hussein
Multiple locations Parsippany, NJ 07054
September 23, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours / month minimum. More hours available if desired!
- Volunteer hours are flexible and happen on weekdays, weekends, daytime hours, and evening hours. Must be at least 18 years old.