3 people are interested
Behavioral Advisor (experience required)
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Description: Assist fosters and staff with handling difficult dog behavior
Reports To: Foster & Adoption Manager or Intake & Medical Manager
Schedule and Time Commitment: Varies, but is typically 3-5 hours per week, depending on need. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role
Location: Primarily remote.
- Work with the Foster & Adoption Manager, the Intake & Medical Manager and/or the Foster Coordinator, who will advise which fosters need assistance
- When assigned, contact the foster within 24 hours regarding the pet’s behavior, collecting as many details and as much information as possible.
- Offer guidance for ways to rectify unwanted behaviors.
- If or when necessary, refer the pet’s case to the Foster & Adoption and Intake & Medical Managers who will determine the next steps (i.e., if this pet needs to see a vet-behaviorist)
- Based on the collected information, create a behavior profile/progress report of the pet including:
- What is working
- What is not working
- Copy the appropriate team members on all written communications with the foster
Training: Provided by our Foster & Adoption Manager and the Intake & Medical Manager.
- A certification in dog training is required
- At least 21 years of age
- Comply with instructions from managers and coordinators
- Be familiar with a variety of different canine behaviors and methodologies for correcting unwanted behaviors.
- Willing to learn about animal behavior and enjoy working with people as much as animals
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 5, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Varies, but is generally 3-5 hours per week depending on need.
- A certification in dog training is required.