Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa, Walnut Creek/Trinity Center Dining Room
Please visit the new page to apply.
Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa has a great opportunity for you to give back to your community!
We are currently seeking volunteers to help alleviate food insecurity by providing nutritional meals and groceries to those in need in our community.
Volunteers work closely with staff and other volunteers to perform the following:
- Light food preparation: green salad, fruit salad, bread/butter
- Serve meal in to-go containers
- Assist in clean up
- Other duties that may also be assigned include unloading vehicles when donated groceries arrive, rolling silverware, replenishing meals from the kitchen, etc.
The volunteer must be able to stand between 3-4 hours, lift up to 25 pounds.
Minimum age to serve with a supervising adult is age 12.
Due to the vulnerable population we serve, all volunteers must be fully vaccinated and submit documentation prior to volunteering. Masks may be required for all staff and volunteers depending on community COVID 19 levels.
To apply, go to
11:00 AM to 01:30 PM
Shifts are available Monday thru Friday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
835 Ferry Street, Martinez, CA 94553, US
The mission of Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is to provide community based food programs and partner services that focus on basic needs. We Nourish Lives!
Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa (LFCC) is a safety-net food program serving those in need living in Contra Costa County. For nearly 40 years Loaves and Fishes has provided hunger relief to individuals, families, seniors, veterans, homeless, disadvantaged youth and people with disabilities. Over the years we have become a reliable and reputable food program in Contra Costa County. LFCC provides meals and groceries from our 5 dining rooms throughout Contra Costa County: Martinez, Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley and most recently, Walnut Creek. LFCC prides itself on providing a healthy and well-balanced meal. LFCC served more than 251,000 nutritious meals last fiscal year and provided more than 210 tons of food through the food pantries. To date, LFCC has served a total of more than 5.4 million meals.
1888 Trinity AvenueWalnut Creek, CA 94596
August 24, 2022
- Orientation or Training
- No long term commitment is required, even one shift helps! Shift is from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. per day. Shifts are available Monday thru Friday
- To apply, go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJRFWkSW3gNDL54czI4HuI19N2tXkPdkDctaoKJL4LZxU58A/viewform