Help respond to disasters! Join your local Disaster Action Team
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - North Texas Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The American Red Cross responds to a disaster every 8 minutes. The majority of these disaster responses are home fires or other local emergencies to which Disaster Action Team volunteers respond. Local teams are ready when the need arises as they are the first line to provide care, comfort and compassion. Help the Red Cross respond in your community as a Disaster Action Team member.
As a Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member, you will:
- Provide timely response to disasters and assist those affected.
- Choose your own "on-call" hours as it fits your schedule. Most DAT volunteers respond to two disasters per month.
- Serve and respond with a team of at least two or more.
- Be ready to respond through free Red Cross training and team support.
- Meet new people in your community as you serve the immediate needs of others in times of disaster.
About American Red Cross - North Texas Region
2550 Kendall Drive, Dallas, TX 75235, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or providing blood to hospitals, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Granbury, TX 76048
August 31, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for two shifts per month