2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Caudwell Children
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Are you a reliable, friendly, tech-savvy individual with excellent communication skills?
Caudwell Children are looking for friendly and professional volunteers to help man reception in our state of the art children’s centre on Keele University campus.
Our Service Delivery Department is responsible for ensuring the beneficiaries of the charity receive high quality services. We offer services to children and support to families, including:
- Advice and signposting to local services (available to individuals anywhere in the UK),
- We accept applications for and (subject to a set of financial criteria) will contribute funding towards some specific therapies, provision of resources such as specialist wheelchairs, car seats, tricycles, sensory stimulating equipment and sports equipment
- We have specialist autism services and accept referrals to assess and diagnose autism in 4 to 11 year olds and provide information, workshops and advice to families with a child with autism
- We have an employment service for autistic young people up to age 25 years to support the transition into the digital skills workforce.
As a reception volunteer, roles and responsibilities may include:
- Communication with families and other organisations via telephone and email
- Meeting and greeting visitors (including visitor sign in)
- Providing practical and emotional support to children and their families across the country
- Processing and completing applications for specialist equipment, therapies and treatment
- Data inputting onto our metro system
- Providing an information and signposting service
- Answering telephone/email enquiries
- Monitoring our online chat service ensuring families receive the support that they need
- Good standard of written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to extract meaningful information from a source and communicate effectively
- Good telephone manner
- Previous experience of working/volunteering in a charity or third sector organisation
- Understanding of a CQC regulated service
9 More opportunities with Caudwell Children
About Caudwell Children
Caudwell International Children's Centre, Innovation Way, Keele Science & Innovation Park, Newcatle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NT, GB
OUR VISION: A world where all disabled children and their families have choice, opportunity, dignity and understanding. OUR MISSION: Practical and emotional support through compassionate and efficient services. OUR MOTTO: Whatever It Takes.
Caudwell Children provide family support services, equipment, treatment and therapies for disabled children and their families across the UK. We also provide autism assessment and support at our purpose built Caudwell Internation Children's Centre based in Staffordshire.
Passionate, positive and practical; we are motivated to improve the lives of the estimated 770,000 disabled children living in the UK, starting with the 400,000 living in or on the margins of poverty.
We can help with:
- Family support services and short break activities
- ASD assessments from our multidisciplinary clinical team
- Funded mobility and sensory equipment
- Access to life saving surgeries and treatments
- Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with brain injuries and their families
Caudwell International Children's CentreInnovation WayKeele Science and Innovation ParkNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NTUnited Kingdom
February 5, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Suggested commitment - minimum 3 hours per week